Pats trading for Browns Mingo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats trading for Browns Mingo

My folks were considering "Barkevious" when they were naming me. It was 50/50, really...

Didn't the browns draft him?? Nuff said.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

My folks were considering "Barkevious" when they were naming me. It was 50/50, really...

Barkevious Circumstances....has a nice ring to it!

I'm surprised Ireland didn't give up more picks to trade back up in the first round for him.

NINE star quality players taken in the first round that year and EVERY ONE was taken after our original spot at 12!!!!!

I'm surprised Ireland didn't give up more picks to trade back up in the first round for him.

NINE star quality players taken in the first round that year and EVERY ONE was taken after our original spot at 12!!!!!

oh man that hurts

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 9m9 minutes ago
Compensation from #Patriots for #Browns Mingo is a 2017 5th round pick

I know he is a bit of a question mark but I think Beli will boost his play. Now we just need to take care of our own...DJ needs to play and play well as does Kiko

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Mary Kay Cabot
This is true. Means there was real competition for him
Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
Compensation from #Patriots for #Browns Mingo is a 2017 5th round pick

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Why was the price for Barkevious Mingo so high? Source informed of the trade said the #Lions also made a play. His market was real.

Dude could play in college, maybe it's the Browns curse which we are very familiar with...hits close to home

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 14s14 seconds ago
Source: the Patriots have reinstated DT Alan Branch. He is no longer suspended by the team.

So Mingo, a disappointing draft pick, goes for a 5th round pick. That should give you clue to the market for Dion Jordan. Both Mingo and Jordan are similar type players from the same draft. Mingo doesn't come with the drug history that Jordan has. If Mingo gets you a late 5th I figure Jordan might get an early 7th at best.

I like this trade for now england but part of the issue for mingo was that he was drafted by a team to play olb when he was a dead north south player in college at lsu...they wanted an every down player but the transition to olb was always gonna be a projection

Still if im new england i make him a sub rusher with a hand in the dirt...he was best at lsu in a 3 point stance...fits a 43 best

I dont know how much of that recent weight gain may have scraped the explosion athlete...i guess you could try will instead of freeney but sub rush was where the value was coming out of college

Cleveland made him a stand up player and it failed miserably

Back
Top Bottom