Pats trading for Browns Mingo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats trading for Browns Mingo

I'm surprised Ireland didn't give up more picks to trade back up in the first round for him.

NINE star quality players taken in the first round that year and EVERY ONE was taken after our original spot at 12!!!!!

Well that's not helping me feel better about it that draft.

Pats out classing Carolina right now. But so did we last year lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this trade for now england but part of the issue for mingo was that he was drafted by a team to play olb when he was a dead north south player in college at lsu...they wanted an every down player but the transition to olb was always gonna be a projection

Still if im new england i make him a sub rusher with a hand in the dirt...he was best at lsu in a 3 point stance...fits a 43 best

I dont know how much of that recent weight gain may have scraped the explosion athlete...i guess you could try will instead of freeney but sub rush was where the value was coming out of college

Cleveland made him a stand up player and it failed miserably

Mingo is a tweener OLB/DE much like another first round bust, Aaron Maybin (#11 in 2009). He was too small to be a DE and not agile enough to be a LBer. Maybe NE gets something out of Mingo, but the Patriots recent record on talent evaluations suggests that they're grasping at straws: from their 9 2014 draft picks, only 2 even remain on the Pats' roster going into their third year: Garoppolo and reserve RB James White.

Back
Top Bottom