Pay O-Gun!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pay O-Gun!!!!

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
We missed out on Tait,Woody,and most Big O Line FA so since we'll have more than enough to play with do we still get rid of O-GUN and use this $ for next year or re-sign him since we obviously have enough now? Your thoughts

the 1st rounder would be great, but I'm a big fan of OGUN, so I hope we keep him!

If we end up keeping him, go ahead and extend the boy. We all want the picks. But none of us really want to see Wale go. Good guy. Good player. You want guys like that on your team.

the fins are in a hard situation. The D is getting old and Ogun wants the $ which could affect your getting better OLmen. Getting rid of Ogun will slow down your D.If Madison goes, you will need a decent player tp replace him. Some teams are overspending for FA's and finding a replacement may cost the fins $ again who might not be a perfect fit for the fins like Ogun is.

The lack of movement by your FO could be that Spielman is trying to balance both the O and D. Wanny would've given the D players the $ in a heartbeat. He could not overspend for OL like other teams because he has Ogun and Madison to deal with.

I agree in keeping him cause nobody left out there other than maybe darrell jackson which I dont even think were looking at could eat up that much $.

The thing is he's talking about holding out. That's gonna suck. If he's gonna be difficult let's just get rid of him. I'd probably even take a 2nd round pick in those circumstances.

Originally posted by Lukin
The thing is he's talking about holding out.
Doesn't it suck when a player takes advantage out of the teams deperation? then again teams low ball players as well. Add to the fact that his agent is Rosenhaus.

Well, he's not really talking about holding out. He's just saying that he won't play for the $1.824 million tender. He's played at a very high level for close to the minimum salary. He's not Jason Taylor. But he's not THAT far below Jason. And Jason's making astronomical amounts of money.

Wally deserves more than the tender. And I don't see the Dolphins forcing him to play for it either (if they keep him). There's no reason to start negotiating a deal when you're still hoping to get picks for him.

The point here is that there is no hurry to sign Wale, especially since any contract we give him will probably cost us more against the cap than 1.8 mill.

WALLY IS A WAIT AND SEE PLAYER RIGHT NOW! GO GET SOME O LINEMEN!

It would be stupid to just sign Ogunleye now. We should let him try to get offers from other teams. I would like to see Ogunleye return, but if he signs an offer sheet with a team that has a good first round pick, I would think twice about matching it, because we have a lot of needs that could be filled with a second first rounder.

He has to sit and wait, the tender is the tender, dont take any less for him, get the guys we need on offense then rework some deals with ricky long term and ogun so they stay dolphins

I'd love to get another first round pick because I love the draft and I'm sick of not picking in the 1st round, so two 1st rounders would make up for previous years ;) . However, I wouldn't be upset at all if we kept Wale. But I agree with Muck to the extent that if you're going to retain him, then you better extend him. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 1st round pick(hopefully the Bears pay up)...

listen guys.. i've been reading all your post on here .. even before free agency started you all thought o-gun was gonna get offers from other teams .. well guess what your all wrong !!! i knew that miami was over playing o-gun and his value... no team is gonna give up picks knowing they can sign a F/A W/O comp ... miami needs to sign him .. he's only 26

Back
Top Bottom