Pay O-Gun!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pay O-Gun!!!!

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
listen guys.. i've been reading all your post on here .. even before free agency started you all thought o-gun was gonna get offers from other teams .. well guess what your all wrong !!! i knew that miami was over playing o-gun and his value... no team is gonna give up picks knowing they can sign a F/A W/O comp ... miami needs to sign him .. he's only 26

And they'll still get him. He belongs to the dolphins unless someone signs him to an offer sheet. Once we get all our other offensive ducks in a row, we can still negotiate a long term deal for him.

Don't jmp te gun on limiting your cap space until after Jume 1st.

well guess what your all wrong !!!

We are? That's funny. There was a thread on here linking to some Chicago paper said that the Bears were going to persue him. We may still trade him away for less compensation, likely just a 1st-round pick alone. How were we wrong when Seattle was actually interested before realing in Wale? How were we wrong when Philly was never expected to land Kearse and they were interested in Wale? SF and Minny are also still interested. I think someone mentioned Oakland as well.

Check yourself before you say that we're all "wrong". You need to learn fact from speculation. I don't remember anybody on here saying that we WILL get a 1st & 3rd for Wale.

listen guys.. i've been reading all your post on here .. even before free agency started you all thought o-gun was gonna get offers from other teams .. well guess what your all wrong !!! i knew that miami was over playing o-gun and his value... no team is gonna give up picks knowing they can sign a F/A W/O comp ... miami needs to sign him .. he's only 26

Oh, we beg for your forgivness, your highness. :rolleyes:

Give me a break man. You're about to get flamed. :lol:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I don't remember anybody on here saying that we WILL get a 1st & 3rd for Wale.

And I don't remember hearing one peep from this guy about it. :lol:

Listen, if there's one thing that people dislike....it's someone who claims to be smarter than everyone else.

If you're intelligent and/or knowledgeable, there's no need to brag about it because your knowledge will become very apparent in your posts. All bragging does is turn people off to you and shut you out. And if you're at all serious about being respected or taken seriously, that's not something you want.

well if chicago was intersted or seattle.. or oakland .. where are all the offers that these teams where suppose to make.. you guy where sooooo damn sure o-gun was gonna go.. well guess what .. no one has made an offer yet.. so how wrong can i be.. miami should sign this guy.. he's only 26.... so until he's gone for a 1st and 3rd... i'm right!! miami has over estimated his value to other teams.. and in the process is losing $$$ to sign him to a long term deal!!!

Originally posted by Muck
If we end up keeping him, go ahead and extend the boy. We all want the picks. But none of us really want to see Wale go. Good guy. Good player. You want guys like that on your team.

I agree totally. The concern now is that Drew will be wanting to get Kearse type money, more so than what Wistrom signed for. Wasn't that about half?
And this may sound crazy, but imo if we did lose Wale and gain a 1st and 3rd or just a top half 1st in a negotiated trade,
unless we want to depend on Jay Williams and David Bowens in a rotation at LDE (I don't) we need to draft a replacement for Wale.
Like Will Smith or Kenechi Udeze, the only 2 ends that are 1st round quality.
This is a weak draft for DE, but a great one for WRs, and if we lose Wale I wouldn't be comfortable with replacing him with anyone currently on the roster.

well if chicago was intersted or seattle.. or oakland .. where are all the offers that these teams where suppose to make.. you guy where sooooo damn sure o-gun was gonna go.. well guess what .. no one has made an offer yet.. so how wrong can i be.. miami should sign this guy.. he's only 26.... so until he's gone for a 1st and 3rd... i'm right!! miami has over estimated his value to other teams.. and in the process is losing $$$ to sign him to a long term deal!!!

If a team wants him and wants to make it harder for us to match, they'll wait until late in the RFA process, thinking we'll be tighter against the cap and less likely for us to match the offer.
IMO, if we see an offer sheet signed by Wale, it will be with only a week or 2 to go in the RFA period.

If it weren't for Kearse and winstrom being out there the trade would be done already.

Just wtf are you RIGHT about? You're not right about anything, and nobody is wrong in a situation where we all speculated. Unless someone said that he WILL be signed by another team, then nobody is wrong.

Since you're the smartest member of the board and ready to be an admin make Muck a "super mod", you would know that Seattle never made an offer BECAUSE they signed Wistrom. Ogunleye was their next option and would've been the first if not for compensation. Just ask KeyHawk. I thought that Mr.Right would know everything? How could Oakland sign Wale to an offer sheet without negotiating trade? They're not gonna give up the #2 pick, anybody would know that. As for Chicago, they just said that they will persue him a few days ago.

Hold on, not quite yet. IMO, teams don't jump right at an RFA til the quality of the pool goes down. We may see some action on it this week since the best FA DEs are mostly gone in kearse/winstrom, etc. i don't think a team would jump at ogun right off the bat surrendering picks if they have a shot at the others first. Then again, he may get no other offers at all in which wouldn't be a bad thing for us.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Hold on, not quite yet. IMO, teams don't jump right at an RFA til the quality of the pool goes down.

That's right. And it should be understood that that's the reason why Seattle jumped for Wistrom over Wale. If they lost out on Wistrom, they'd probably go for Wale.

Well everyone has missed the point again ... as usual the agents try to make it look like we dont care to keep our own ... but in reality that is crap .. listen up ..this guy was on our roster for 2 yrs without ever suiting up...then he plays two years for us .. one at a high level .. last year .. which i think is because of the respect given to taylor opposite him .. now he want jevon kearse or winnstrum type money? I dont think so tim .. i look at ogun as the ungrateful one and his agent is setting him up for a big fall.his agent says we have money because we didnt get woody or tait .. what he forgot to mention is that we have signed only one offensive line man!!!we needed to sign 3!!! jesus sometimes i just cant believe the stupidity of agents.what an ahole comment I mean we have a 2nd year player at lt and jeno james ...mckinney will be in the mix ...but that leaves 2 spots we havent addressed!!! Ogun will have to wait .. just like this team did for HIM! 2 years we waited .. he can wait a little longer ... to be honest I would love to see him go as he is already thinking way to highly of himself .. and i cant stand it when players refuse to play for millions!!!its 4 -5 times what he made last year!!!And unless madison takes a huge pay cut .. he is not worth keeping .. I have watched him get burned repeatedly by the better faster recievers out there and he broke down at some very critical times in games .. he has definatly lost a step(he was never that fast) and he is not worth anywhere near 8 mill.. more like 3 mill.and i am not happy about giving him guarenteed money .. unless he can guarentee he is gonna be the shut down corner he was.O gun will be traded for a first rounder and thats fine with me .. lets see how he does with out Taylor there getting double teamed all day .. mw y guess is other teams know this and are not gonna give up the picks . he needs to play again at a high level and then he will cash in .. and he will only be 27 .whats the problem?

Originally posted by Muck
If we end up keeping him, go ahead and extend the boy. We all want the picks. But none of us really want to see Wale go. Good guy. Good player. You want guys like that on your team.

you also want the market to dictate to rosenhasenfefer what his client is really worth. that is why rosenhasenfefer is freaking out, cus he sees some bad things happenin to Oguns market.
We dont have to do anything right now except watch that market dictate what kind of amunition Ogun will have when he comes to the table.

Keep in mind. spielman gave him the opportunity to play where he could have been an insurance salesmen in Indiana somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom