Pedro headed to BULLPEN; Mets season now over! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pedro headed to BULLPEN; Mets season now over!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm talking about pitching, not bats.

The yanks have the same starting staff we have.

Wang= Glavine
Moose= Track
Duque= Johnston (and I may even give Duque the bow because the Mets always hit Johnston well)
\

Good god you msut be kidding. Wang will finish top 3 in AL cy young (in the AL where teams actually hit) he is cleary better than Glavine.

Moose is light years ahead of Tracschel.

And El Deuque is like 60 years old and can only throw 5 innings if that per start.

MikeO said:
\

Good god you msut be kidding. Wang will finish top 3 in AL cy young (in the AL where teams actually hit) he is cleary better than Glavine.

And El Deuque is like 60 years old and can only throw 5 innings if that per start.

Take your Yankee colored glasses off.

Wang has been very good yes, you want him in a big spot in Oct??? Never been there.

Moose has been hurt and very up and down, same as Track

Johnston has been plain horrible.

Face it, your pitching is in poor shape!!

Its not your staff that we would be worried about (IF we make it), but your bats.

My money is on the Twins in the AL

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm talking about pitching, not bats.

The yanks have the same starting staff we have.

Wang= Glavine
Moose= Track
Duque= Johnston (and I may even give Duque the bow because the Mets always hit Johnston well)

If it is a subway series and that probably is the favorite I think it'll be very high scoring. If Rich Harden was not on the DL all season and i'm assuming going to be on a pitch count who would want to play the A's. The Twinkies are a great story but they've got Johan Santana and while Bonser and Garza probably will be very good pitchers down the road whose going to be afraid of them? Like most people I don't like the Tigers although they've got some live arms but they're a team that strikes out a ton. The Mets are the only team in the NL who could win a game or two in the WS so i'm actually hoping they get there so I don't have to see 12 straight wins by AL teams in the world series.

Not that the Yankees' pitching is any good, but if I'm in the glass house in which the Mets currently reside, I definitely would not be throwing stones about starting pitching.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Take your Yankee colored glasses off.

Wang has been very good yes, you want him in a big spot in Oct??? Never been there.

Moose has been hurt and very up and down, same as Track

Johnston has been plain horrible.

Face it, your pitching is in poor shape!!

Its not your staff that we would be worried about (IF we make it), but your bats.

My money is on the Twins in the AL

No way man. The Yankees starting pitching is much better than the Mets, even with Johnson being a huge ? mark now.

Wang is one of the best young pitchers in the game (I would have never thought I'd say that last year or even at the beginning of this year). Mussina, eventhough I'm not a big fan, is even better than any of the Mets starters and has been a pretty good post season pitcher in his Yankee career.

You can't use the "do you want Wang in Oct in a big spot" when you have Maine who's never been there and isn't half the pitcher Wang is right now.

phunwin said:
I am absolutely furious that the front office didn't pull the trigger on a Zito deal. I wanted it done at the time and now their need for another starter is even more pronounced.

(Incidentally, UT, I will take that bet against Zito becoming a Padre. He will be playing in one of the Five Boroughs...just not sure which one.)

The Mets can still get to the World Series; they've basically been without Pedro for half the season, at least now they know they won't get him back and have to move on. But right now, I can't see how they'd have a good chance against the AL's best.
Zito is a west coast guy. The only way I see him leaving the state of California is if Boras gets the Mets or the Yankees to blow the Padres or Dodgers out of the water with an offer. If the money is close Zito is staying on Cali.

The only thing I know FOR SURE is he is not coming back to Oakland. Oh well, I'm used to it by now.

Hopefully Harden stays in one piece and takes over the #1 spot, everyone else moves up a spot in the rotation and a young pitcher steps up (Dan Meyer would be nice but it could also be Joe Kennedy).

MikeO said:
\

And El Deuque is like 60 years old
and can only throw 5 innings if that per start.

so that makes Randy Johnson what? 75 years old?

No, but he seems to being following Pedro to the DL and may miss the playoffs

Reports are his MRI came back with herniated disc's!!!

Ray Finkle said:
No way man. The Yankees starting pitching is much better than the Mets, even with Johnson being a huge ? mark now.

Wang is one of the best young pitchers in the game (I would have never thought I'd say that last year or even at the beginning of this year). Mussina, eventhough I'm not a big fan, is even better than any of the Mets starters and has been a pretty good post season pitcher in his Yankee career.

You can't use the "do you want Wang in Oct in a big spot" when you have Maine who's never been there and isn't half the pitcher Wang is right now.

Wang was fine in the playoffs last year. 6.2 innings and only 1 earned run given up.

And Maine wasn't even on the Major League roster back in April. Now all of a sudden he's a sure thing :confused: :sidelol:

The only thing that can save the Mets is if El Duque pitches like we've all become accumstomed to him pitching int he playoffs. Aside from Glavine whoever the Mets throw out there is a question mark. El Duque's a question mark but because he's so clutch and has more guts then the rest of the Mets staff behind him, I wouldn't bet against him.

As far as the Mets staff being better or even with the Yankees, that's a joke. While the Yankees don't hold the most dominating staff, the Yankees 1-4 (assuming Johnson is healthy) have all pitched in playoff games (and 3 of them have pitched in HUGE GAMES). The Mets on the other hand are throwing 2 shaky pitchers (Maine and Trachsel) who have never pitched in the post-season in their careers!

Pedro's not heading to the pen, he's heading to the surgery table. Rotator cuff surgery for him next week, out at least 8 months. This is the same surgery that ended Alex Fernandez' career. Hope Pedro's not done because of this, but at the same time, that's a big dagger for the Mets.

And Zito is the antithesis of a New York guy. The only way he ends up there is if someone gives him a Tom Hicks-ARod offer.

Mets will not make the World Series. Losing Pedro will hurt, not to mention not playing a game that meant anything for a month or so. The Braves have found out how that is many times in the past.

muscle979 said:
Mets will not make the World Series. Losing Pedro will hurt, not to mention not playing a game that meant anything for a month or so. The Braves have found out how that is many times in the past.

For a month? Try four.

And when they actually had something to win, as in the division, they got swept. By the Pirates. (Yes, I know they beat the Marlins to do it, but still, I'm trying to make a point here.) History does not favor teams like the Mets unless they are historically good, and these Mets are not.

RWhitney014 said:
And Zito is the antithesis of a New York guy. The only way he ends up there is if someone gives him a Tom Hicks-ARod offer.

He will get it

Back
Top Bottom