Pending 2018 Free Agents | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pending 2018 Free Agents

Priorities in bold. Everyone else it has to be a bargain.

Walt Aikens, cornerback
Nate Allen, safety
Lamin Barrow, linebacker

Jake Brendel, center*
Jermon Bushrod, guard
Jay Cutler, quarterback

John Denney, long snapper
David Fales, quarterback**
Anthony Fasano, tight end

Terrence Fede, defensive end
Williams Hayes, defensive end
Neville Hewitt, linebacker**
Mike Hull, linebacker*
Jarvis Landry, wide receiver
Jordan Lucas, cornerback*
Koa Misi, linebacker
Matt Moore, quarterback

Cody Parkey, kicker
De’Veon Smith, running back*
Anthony Steen, center/guard*
Michael Thomas, safety
Alterraun Verner, cornerback
Damien Williams, running back

Sam Young, tackle

We aren't gonna clear nearly $20 million in cap space for 2018 restructuring Tannehill's and Suh's contracts. And IMHO we would be dumb to do it at all. Suh's cap hits for 2019 is already $28 million and another $23 million for 2020. How high do you really want to push that? And with Tanny's knee, I'm nervous about deferring any guaranteed money.

If we restructure Suh again I'll be livid. We need to swallow the ridiculous cap hit from our last restructure and get it over with already. I'm tired of kicking the can down the road.

If we restructure Suh again I'll be livid. We need to swallow the ridiculous cap hit from our last restructure and get it over with already. I'm tired of kicking the can down the road.
When was Suh's contract restructured? Source?

We aren't gonna clear nearly $20 million in cap space for 2018 restructuring Tannehill's and Suh's contracts. And IMHO we would be dumb to do it at all. Suh's cap hits for 2019 is already $28 million and another $23 million for 2020. How high do you really want to push that? And with Tanny's knee, I'm nervous about deferring any guaranteed money.
wow, 28mill in 2019 and yet some people think it was a good idea

Ozzy rules!!

With the limited cap space the Dolphins are going to have, even after cutting much of the dead weight on the team, they will need an outstanding draft. Meaning hitting on pretty much every pick. How much faith does anyone have in Grier/Tannenbaum getting at least 5 quality starters out of this draft?

Brendel & Young. Scrap the rest.

Last edited:
It wasn't restructured. Maybe he means the original framework of the deal

I suppose OTC might be incorrect, but they say we added $4 mil more in in cap hit to each of his remaining seasons to create cap relief in 2016. I initially was speaking based off memory (and lord knows mine is imperfect), but the quote and link are below. I HATE when we do stuff like this. IMHO you only make moves like that when you are close to competing. And we sure weren't projecting that going into 2016.

"Suh signed a 6 year, $114.375 million contract with the Dolphins on March 11, 2015. Suh received $59.995 million fully guaranteed upon signing. The guarantee consists of a $25.5 million signing bonus and his 2015-2017 base salaries. Numbers are based on a Twitter report by Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. On March 5, 2016 the Dolphins restructured Suh's contract for salary cap relief by converting his base salary to a signing bonus. The Dolphins converted $20 millionto create $16 million in cap room and add $4 million in cap charges to each reaining contract year."

https://overthecap.com/player/ndamukong-suh/1816/

Cody Parkey might be the best kicker in the NFL right now. Mike Tannenbaum keeps trying to get cute by not paying punters and kickers, but I hope he's learned his lesson. Just pay a good kicker a reasonable amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom