Pending 2018 Free Agents | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pending 2018 Free Agents

The only guys on that list worth re-signing are John Denney, Cody Parkey, Jarvis Landry, Michael Thomas, and Jake Brendel. The rest of the guys on the list aren't worth the vet minimum imo.

Cody Parkey might be the best kicker in the NFL right now. Mike Tannenbaum keeps trying to get cute by not paying punters and kickers, but I hope he's learned his lesson. Just pay a good kicker a reasonable amount of money.

What's pretty funny is Parkey has actually missed more xtra points
than field goals this season

I would let pretty much every one of those guys walk. Try to keep Denney, give him the chance to retire as a Dolphin. Maybe try to keep Brendel, Steen and Young to let them battle for depth. Try to keep either Aikens or Thomas for special teams. I would still try to re-sign Landry. I would re-sign Parkey.

I would also get rid of Pouncey, Thomas, and Timmons. Also try to re-sign James at a reasonable contract, if he balks let him walk as well.

Brendel is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent
Steen is a Restricted Free Agent
Aikens is an Unrestricted Free Agent
Thomas is an Unrestricted Free Agent
Parkey is an Restricted Free Agent
Young will be an Unrestricted Free Agent

Wow. We have almost zero impact players heading to FA. That's good news!

My thoughts exactly. What a great list of FA for us moving forward.

I'd like Landry back. A healthy William Hayes would be good at the right price. Parkey and Denney should be back. That's it. Other than Landry, zero impact players are FA for us. An excellent spot to be in for '18.

Back
Top Bottom