Penn State Ex-Coach, Others Charged in Child Sex Case | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penn State Ex-Coach, Others Charged in Child Sex Case

So if I see someone dying and I just stop a guy and tell him that the hurt guy needs help and then walk away after being ignored, thats significantly better? Put aside the PSU and Joe Pa glasses and look at this objectively. If Rex Ryan was aware of child molestation, told Tannenbaum and then let it die when he did nothing about it you would be trashing him. Joe Paterno willingly ignored child molestation for an entire decade. Thats pretty serious. I can't respect anyone who would do that.
The problem with that comparison is that Joe never saw this happen, he was told by one of his assistants who walked in on it. He reported it to Joe, who turned around and reported it to the AD. As that it happened on school property, the AD should have immediately contacted the authorities. This was the first time Joe had heard about what Sandusky was doing and this was after Sandusky had already been retired for 3 years from the coaching staff.

Never made a comparison.

All I said was that I'd rather have to deal with our current **** storm than what going on up there.

The problem with that comparison is that Joe never saw this happen, he was told by one of his assistants who walked in on it. He reported it to Joe, who turned around and reported it to the AD. As that it happened on school property, the AD should have immediately contacted the authorities. This was the first time Joe had heard about what Sandusky was doing and this was after Sandusky had already been retired for 3 years from the coaching staff.

Obviously, but the AD failing horrible at his job and life doesnt give Paterno a free pass to ignore whats happening. And why does it matter whether or not he actually saw it? He had very good reason to believe that children were being molested and he told one guy, then dropped it when that guy blew it off. Thats totally inexcusable and really indefensible from a moral standpoint. To give Paterno a pass for only doing the bare minimum and clearing himself legally is to downplay the seriousness of the crime that was committed.

Never made a comparison.

All I said was that I'd rather have to deal with our current **** storm than what going on up there.

I'll take Miami's scandal with a Ponzi schemer getting kids some hookers and boat rides anyday.

You brought up the Hurricane scandal in your first post when talking about Sandusky, so you can obviously see where you attempted to make a comparison. I am not defending Penn State, because they obviously failed to do their job when this was brought to their attention. But ultimately it was the AD who failed to do anything and it is the reason why he is now out at Penn State and being charged and Paterno is not in trouble.

Never made a FOOTBALL comparison. Seriously?

This isn't football related. Both are scandals. Both affect the program.

I'd much rather deal with ours than Penn State's. This is incredibly bad PR for Penn State.

Kids take money at every program. What happened at Miami happens all across the country and it will happen again.

Let's hope this Penn State garbage isn't happening anywhere else and let's hope it's not happening there anymore.

****ing disgusting. How can a man do such a thing?

Sickens me that Nublar is defending Paterno. Paterno's image is ruined. I don't give 2 ****s what he was legally obligated to do. He learned of the rape first hand from the witness, and tells his AD and not the police? That's ****ing retarded. The worst part is the reason he never went to the police is most likely because of contractual obligations. Obviously, it's hard to prove that, but if that really was the case, Paterno is a bigger jackass than I already think he is.

Enough about Paterno, what really disgusts me is this McQueary douche. He actually witnesses the rape and goes running like a little ***** before telling Paterno the following morning. 2 things. Why the **** would he not stop this rape? If I ever see a crime taking place, especially one as horrific as this, I'm going to do everything in my power to put an end to it, and so would just about everyone else. At least call the ****ing police right then and there. Secondly, how the hell is not taking this to the police not breaking any laws? Failure to report a felony and a failure to report a case of child abuse/neglect. Both are crimes here, and I would of imagined every where else as well. And this means reporting to the POLICE, not a ****ing coach or an athletic director. How this **** up sleeps at night is beyond me.

Obviously, but the AD failing horrible at his job and life doesnt give Paterno a free pass to ignore whats happening. And why does it matter whether or not he actually saw it? He had very good reason to believe that children were being molested and he told one guy, then dropped it when that guy blew it off. Thats totally inexcusable and really indefensible from a moral standpoint. To give Paterno a pass for only doing the bare minimum and clearing himself legally is to downplay the seriousness of the crime that was committed.
I am not giving Joe "a pass", I have even said that Joe probably should have followed up with it when it came apparent the AD wasn't going to do anything. He did what is required by law but yeah he probably should have done more. Yet, this is no reason to attempt to tarnish Paterno's career or act like he was allowing Sandusky to attack children when he was on the coaching staff. That is far from the truth. I know you were likely joking in your first post when you said death penalty, but again that is an attempt to connect this situation to the football program.

I am not giving Joe "a pass", I have even said that Joe probably should have followed up with it when it came apparent the AD wasn't going to do anything. He did what is required by law but yeah he probably should have done more. Yet, this is no reason to attempt to tarnish Paterno's career or act like he was allowing Sandusky to attack children when he was on the coaching staff. That is far from the truth. I know you were likely joking in your first post when you said death penalty, but again that is an attempt to connect this situation to the football program.

Probably? Id say most definitely. It doesnt take away his accomplishments on the field, but I cant take him seriously as a person anymore. Law and right are very often very different. Doesnt matter if the rapist was still on his staff or not.

And R&R, couldnt agree more about the guy that saw it. How big a ***** do you have to be to run away and not either physically break it up or at least call the police?

He was raping little boys in your training facilities. And then a cover up ensued including at least 2 coaches, the athletic director, the VP of finance and business. Yea, I'd say it has a little something to do with the football program. But of course, cases like this, and Florida's 30+ arrests in 5 years will go unpunished, as well as cases of academic fraud getting light penalties, while cases of boosters handing out cash, free drinks, etc. get heavy sanctions. SMH.

By not reporting it to the authorities or even following up on it, he in turn allowed it to happen again.

It's really no different than you and I seeing one guy here at FinHeaven repeatedly personally attack people. If we don't do anything about it with warnings/infractions, what are the odds he just stops doing it?

just an FYI, unless it comes out JoePa knew has been lying, nobody in PA is going to go after him.

just an FYI, unless it comes out JoePa knew has been lying, nobody in PA is going to go after him.

I don't live in Pennsylvania so perhaps you can straighten this out. Are failure to report a felony and failure to report a case of child abuse/neglect not crimes there? Because here both are misdemeanors and and in Florida they're felonies. What Joe Pa and McQuery did would definitely fall under those 2 crimes.

I don't live in Pennsylvania so perhaps you can straighten this out. Are failure to report a felony and failure to report a case of child abuse/neglect not crimes there? Because here both are misdemeanors and and in Florida they're felonies. What Joe Pa and McQuery did would definitely fall under those 2 crimes.

under PA law, JoePa TECHNICALLY did nothing wrong as the state DA has even admitted, that McQuery told JoePa almost right away (he freaked out when he saw what happened and contacted his dad who calmed him down) McQuery also testified during the investigation. JoePa told his superior the AD. Almost everybody agrees that he should have followed up or gone to the cops directly. But (again this is from the DA) JoePa told the AD (his boss) and the Chancellor who resigned today who then proceeded to cover it up.

Now a lot of people, myself included, are being critical of JoePa for being so trusting of his superiors/not taking matter into his own hands. With the info I know from reading things the last couple days, I do feel he should have done something else. But also in reading, he wasn't as inactive as people think. Other articles have pointed out how Tim Curley, Graham Spanier, and Gary Schultz had been trying to push JoePa out as PSU head coach back then (that's when Penn State was really struggling) and they haven't had the best relationship.

So while people want to jump on JoePa, there is more to the story

Back
Top Bottom