Pete Prisco's round up on the east! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Prisco's round up on the east!

I read this earlier and decided not to post it, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think the division is more balanced than what he's states. The Bills are one of 4 teams that can win this thing. I don't begrudge them of that, because they can and also the Jets can repeat. Let the games begin, btw, is it football season yet?

This guy got some bad crack. Someone call him a doctor. That is pure, drooling from the mouth, insanity.

I'd also like to direct your attention to the poll.

Btw...

"The Dolphins seem to be one of those teams that everything has to work perfectly for them to win a game"

I love Prisco.

Will there be a quarterback controversy with Jay Fiedler and Brian Griese?

You're only a few monthes late on this one Prisco..Good for you, but terrible for a decent journalist.

When you really take a long, hard look, which of the players they lost will be a major loss? Will it be guard Randy Thomas? A good player, but he's a guard. Wide receiver Laveranues Coles? Watch out for Santana Moss. Chad Morton? Return man. Enough said. John Hall? Kicker. They're all replaceable

This guy is an idiot.
Kickers all replaceable? Mm, hardly.
Chad Morton JUST a return man? Ok...................

A poorly thought out column, that has very little basis in reality. His comment concerning the Dolphins having to have everthing go right to win a game is one of the most misguided comment I have seen a writer make.

Nothing wrong w/ his column except that there is no qb controversy in Miami. Fiedlers performance thus far made that clear.

He thinks the bills is the team to beat? I guess to some finfans of course that would make him a homer based on some posts. He didn't pick the Jet as the team to beat and yet he's clueless. Maybe, maybe not.

I know this guy is a biased Jets fan and would rather say something positive about the bills over the fins. ONe things for sure, unlike Dan and Carter who picked the fins to win the division last year, Prckso was right. The Jets did take the division. Doesn't mean he'll be right this year. We'll have to wait and see.

Originally posted by justafan
Nothing wrong w/ his column except that there is no qb controversy in Miami. Fiedlers performance thus far made that clear.

He thinks the bills is the team to beat? I guess to some finfans of course that would make him a homer based on some posts. He didn't pick the Jet as the team to beat and yet he's clueless. Maybe, maybe not.

I know this guy is a biased Jets fan and would rather say something positive about the bills over the fins. ONe things for sure, unlike Dan and Carter who picked the fins to win the division last year, Prckso was right. The Jets did take the division. Doesn't mean he'll be right this year. We'll have to wait and see.

Agreed, still don't make sense..:D

Morton wasn't just a return man for the Jets last year.

He won a game by himself (don't remember if it was the Bills or the Pats...) and made a few good return.

The Bills are going to be a good team. Miami still has several question marks leftover from last year (OL; QB; WR). So, his analysis on the Bills is not that bad. Until Pennington got hurt, any of the 4 teams could have won the division.

That said, Prisco is an ignorant sports writer. Here's a classic instance of his ignorance. On Jason Taylor .... "He had 18.5 sacks, but what really showed up was his improvement against the run" (slight paraphrase).

This is idiotic. Actually, Taylor has been great against the run for the past 4 years! It's his sack total that has been up and down. The year before he didn't go to the Pro Bowl ONLY b/c he didn't have a lot of sacks, yet the coaches and fans who watch carefully knew very well that he had an excellent season and was Very tough against the run.

This guy, like many national reporters, is very superficial. :spank:

:fire:

Prisco cites Adams multiple times as one of the keys to the Bills turnaround on defense.

Adams play in the preseason has belied the notion that he will consistently occupy two blockers, or even be on the field for more than a couple of plays at a time.

This would seem to call his entire argument into question...

Pete is a great writer, and what he says is the word. Thanks to a Bills fan for the posting. I will email this to Ricky and ask him to hand it out to the team, tell them not to play hard and just throw the whole season... Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom