Pete the Prick is at it again | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete the Prick is at it again

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
why do a lot of you Fin fans live by "IF"?

And the Jets don't?

Common Jets phrases:

"IF we could only make the playoffs more then once in a blue moon"
"IF we could ever find a coach that won't ditch us"
"IF Santana Moss can ever stay healthy"
"IF only we had the luck of the previous non playoff contenders that made the Superbowl"
"IF only Jets_Rule had an ounce of sense then he wouldn't make himself look so bad with his inaccurate info and trolling"

Anyways I am surprised the phins weren't mentioned simply because they started the damn trend taking Fletcher #1 last year.

By the way Jets_Rule. Where are your corners? bwhahahaha

Bottom line is we dont have to prove to anyone we have great corners, 1st ranked pass defense speaks for us. Not even the Prick can take that away

I usually don't get involved in these "no respect" kind of debates, but, it just seems that Prick needs to be told what's up. I still don't know if it is a dislike for the fins (I have no reason to beleive this), or he is just stupid. Most likely the latter.

I wouldn't be getting too upset over this, I mean he left out 3 of the deepest CB units in the league - Miami, Oakland and Washington. Now if Miami was the only team not mentioned I'd have a beef, but he left out so many top CB units I just ignore him and laugh my ass off at what a poor job young Petey does.

This is rich. Western New Yorkers have a habit of harboring an "us against the world" attitude. You know, the national media always picking on us: our climate, our economy, our sports teams. "Nobody likes us," "They're all against us." It's an unsavory consequence of the economic malaise or something. I'm not too sure exactly what, but it's pretty unseemly. However, it's just too funny watching fin fans have a hissy fit over a sports columnist not thinking to name Miami's defensive backfield in an article. Keep it up guys!

Tiger J, we finfans are not upset over this one article. Mr. Prisco had repeatedly had negative comments toward the Dolphins and their players, or have left them out where they would have made his point very clear. Had he mentioned the Dolphins drafting Fletcher, and signing Terry, to serve as a 3rd corner last season, that would have emphasized his point because the pass D jumped from 5 to 1 the next season. It gets frustrating, as you can probably tell.

Jets_Rule, that post was meant as food for thought, not as a "what if" post. By the way, EVERY team has what if phrases:

Colts-what if we had a defense?
Rams-what if Kurt didn't throw that INT to Law?
Raiders-what if Brady's fumble was actually called a fumble?
Pittsburgh-what if you ST played played better against the Pats?

just to name a few...

Other Jests Fan's If's...

IF we only had a QB who's not 90.
IF only we had our own stadium, not named for another NFL franchise.
IF only we didn't have to release our entire defensive secondary.
IF only my wife and sister weren't the same person...oops, sorry, that's a Bill's fan's "if."

Originally posted by TigerJ
However, it's just too funny watching fin fans have a hissy fit over a sports columnist not thinking to name Miami's defensive backfield in an article. Keep it up guys!

Yup but perhaps you are missing some info here Tiger. This guy LIVES in Florida and has a long history this offseason of being highly inaccurate with dolphins info (he called Haley the new starter at DT totally forgetting about Larry Chester).

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I wouldn't be getting too upset over this, I mean he left out 3 of the deepest CB units in the league - Miami, Oakland and Washington. Now if Miami was the only team not mentioned I'd have a beef, but he left out so many top CB units I just ignore him and laugh my ass off at what a poor job young Petey does.

Thank You! Someone else here passed reading comprehension in high school.

Another thing to consider is SI is desperate for writers these days and Pete's pretty much all they could come up with. It appears as though SI in its current format, is a sinking ship and, if we're all lucky, good ol' Petey will sink right along with the corporation. ESPN and Fox Sports currently rule the world of organized sports and SI has been left for dead.

I kind of got that impression, BMarion31.

You're right, VanDolPhan, I didn't know that.

If some nationally known columnist were living in western NY and bashed the Bills, he/she would get a "weenie" award from Buffalo Bills Insider, and be royally roasted on the fan board. I'm not suggesting you are any different in that respect. It's just amusing to see the shoe on someone else's foot for a change. BTW perhaps your website should consider some version of the weenie award. Perhaps you could award a dead fish to Prisco.

:rolleyes:

I used to think Prisco was a Jets fan, but now I have realized he is a Bills fan with a huge hate for the Fins. Antonie Winfield is a decent player, but he isn't the most underrated player in the league, and leading the league in tackles is a bad thing if you are a CB. It means that you let the guy catch it and then tackle him and that you tackle the RB because your run defense sucks

I will not argue on the merits of the various cornerback tandems. I will say that SI, which is a great magazine, just has the worst NFL columnists ever. It's across the board, they all suck. I don't think in this particular instance Prisco meant anything, as he did also leave out the Redskins and Raiders (Two teams that have great 3rd CB depth to go with the two superstars). It's nothing to get angry about. But he and Peter King suck.

Originally posted by mls737
I will not argue on the merits of the various cornerback tandems. I will say that SI, which is a great magazine, just has the worst NFL columnists ever. It's across the board, they all suck. I don't think in this particular instance Prisco meant anything, as he did also leave out the Redskins and Raiders (Two teams that have great 3rd CB depth to go with the two superstars). It's nothing to get angry about. But he and Peter King suck.

Peter King might be worse than Prisco. Is there a connection between the name Peter and terrible sports writers?

Back
Top Bottom