Pete the Prick is at it again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete the Prick is at it again

Originally posted by booyeah_

Peter King might be worse than Prisco. Is there a connection between the name Peter and terrible sports writers?

No, but I think there is a connection between the name Peter, and the word prick...thus the title of this thread. ;) :D :)

True,... True

Funny, No mention of fishies here.......

May 21, 2002
By Pete Prisco
SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Search for cover corners endless

If teams have two good corners as their starters, it does give them a huge edge. Take the Buffalo Bills. They start Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield, two former first-round picks who are on their way to becoming one of the league's best tandems.

By having players like those two on the corners, it allows for many different options up front; a safety can come into the box for run support, which can help get a team that prefers to run on early downs off the field or into third-and-long situations.

"It does allow you to be creative," said Bills coach Gregg Williams. "Having corners like we have is a big plus."

That can also lead to more blitzing up front without fear of giving up a big play. So even for teams that don't have the great pass rushers -- and the Bills are one -- cover corners have a major impact on the pass numbers.

Rookie Aaron Schobel led the Bills in sacks last season with 6 1/2 and the team had only 34. But the Bills finished tied for 11th in the league in pass defense in large part because of their starting corners.

Re: True,... True

Originally posted by Dozerdog
Funny, No mention of fishies here.......

May 21, 2002
By Pete Prisco
SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Search for cover corners endless

If teams have two good corners as their starters, it does give them a huge edge. Take the Buffalo Bills. They start Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield, two former first-round picks who are on their way to becoming one of the league's best tandems.

By having players like those two on the corners, it allows for many different options up front; a safety can come into the box for run support, which can help get a team that prefers to run on early downs off the field or into third-and-long situations.

"It does allow you to be creative," said Bills coach Gregg Williams. "Having corners like we have is a big plus."

That can also lead to more blitzing up front without fear of giving up a big play. So even for teams that don't have the great pass rushers -- and the Bills are one -- cover corners have a major impact on the pass numbers.

Rookie Aaron Schobel led the Bills in sacks last season with 6 1/2 and the team had only 34. But the Bills finished tied for 11th in the league in pass defense in large part because of their starting corners.

And this has what relevance to the Dolphins? I must have missed something. 39, move this to the general NFL forum.

What`s your point, dog? The article was written by Pete Priscoll. He never has a good thing to say about the Phins, period.

He also left out the Raiders and the Redskins, as well if I can remember properly from when I read this a few days ago. Prisco is a ****ing moron and everyone knows it. The four best secondaries in the league are the Dolphins, Raiders, Redskins, and Eagles. He also forgot to mention that the Dolphins were the first team to draft a third corner in the first round when he talked about third corners, but he did mention the Eagles and Lito Sheppard.

Old news Dozer.....trust me, he has already been raked over the coals for his indescretion.

You are talking about the jumping Dolphins and not my artistic interpretation of Wanny's mustache right?

Why?

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
why do a lot of you Fin fans live by "IF"?

Why do you have to come here and be a smart mouth ....

You have no room to talk Mr. 7 playoffs in 32 years. Win a couple division Titles and a playoff game...then come back.

Back
Top Bottom