Peter King: AJ will Start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: AJ will Start

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"SI.com: Will Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt feel pressured to play A.J. Feeley after they gave up a third-round draft pick for the former Eagles third-string QB?

King: By the way they practice and by the number of snaps they give to a guy, coaches are able to create an unlevel playing field when it comes to who they want to win a starting job. I would be very surprised if Feeley doesn't win it, just because so much of what Wannstedt and [general manager] Rick Spielman did this offseason, in terms of trading the pick for a quarterback whom they were sure would be a starter when they traded for him. Even though the Dolphins have said all the right things about it being an open competition, make no mistake, this is Feeley's job to lose."

As the quarterbacks turn

Nothing nobody on here didn't already know. I posted a long time ago that Feeley will be the starter. I even said he will be given the job same way Fiedler was given the job after being traded from the Jaguars. Same situation, we'll see how it effects us and wha the outcome wil be though. Keep your fingers crossed.

When people look at Kitna, they look at his weaknesses. He's not real good throwing the ball 35 yards down the field. He's not consistently accurate at that distance. There aren't a lot of guys in the NFL who are. If that were a minimal requirement for NFL quarterbacks, than Donovan McNabb would be a second-stringer.
Funny if it didn't say Kitna in there I would of thought he was talking about Fiedler.
Interestingly this is the same reason many want Fiedler out.
Now I wonder on what bases would you want that after reading this qoute...

Thanks for stating the obvious, Pete. Anyone who didn't know Feeley would start the minute they gave up a second rounder for him was fooling themself.

Rick 1966 said:
Thanks for stating the obvious, Pete. Anyone who didn't know Feeley would start the minute they gave up a second rounder for him was fooling themself.

Are they, when it comes to Wanny's security, Jay could very well be in the picture, I think AJ will have to play better than jay during PS to take the spot. If not I think Jay keeps the job...One thing Jay has, his ability to scramble, and with a new young inexperience OL..he may be the better player right now.

Feeley should start unless hes absolutely terrible or he gets injured. Fiedler is a good veteran leader who can come in if Feeley screws up.

These forums are somewhat screwed up for me, two times my posts won't show up on the screen after I type them in. It's getting a little aggravating, usually the quick reply box works for me at least. This happened to me the other day as well.

KillerJosh373Feeley should start unless hes absolutely terrible or he gets injured. Fiedler is a good veteran leader who can come in if Feeley screws up.

I disagree I believe Fiedler sould start, although he is not very liked he is a proven winner. Feeley is young, still has a lot of playing time left, and has everything a great back-up QB needs (time to learn).

dolphindog said:
KillerJosh373Feeley should start unless hes absolutely terrible or he gets injured. Fiedler is a good veteran leader who can come in if Feeley screws up.

I disagree I believe Fiedler sould start, although he is not very liked he is a proven winner. Feeley is young, still has a lot of playing time left, and has everything a great back-up QB needs (time to learn).

Just what exactly has he won???????? :confused:

pigskinguy said:
Just what exactly has he won???????? :confused:
He wins game, incase you missed the last two seasons, Fiedlers back-ups lost games that kept us out of the playoffs. He happens to have one of the best winning records currently in the NFL.

Feely's real problem is his inability to be accurate when throwing on the run. Hopefully he's getting a lot of work in on that negative. I think we all forget that Feely was the Rosenfels of the Eagles for a long time. He's not used to getting this many snaps and so much guidance from a guy like Trestman. Watch how he continues to get better.

Back
Top Bottom