Peter King: AJ will Start | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: AJ will Start

Jay on the other hand, I think has reached the peak of his performance. He just cant get any better than he has. He'll have a good game every once in a while mixed in with a lot of average ones. He'll get the fire in his gut to prove his doubters wrong (like those 6 quarters of wow! he had last year against the Skins and the Cowpokers) but then he's right back to average or INT city. I'm still trying to dig my shoe out of my tv screen from the game against the chiefs two years ago when he threw 4 int's.

dolphindog said:
He wins game, incase you missed the last two seasons, Fiedlers back-ups lost games that kept us out of the playoffs. He happens to have one of the best winning records currently in the NFL.

we win games inspite of what fiedler does the defense has saved him many a game with good stops after fiedler threw an interseption or went three and out. if we had a qb who could keep the O on the field just imagine what our D would be ranked.

ltfinfan said:
we win games inspite of what fiedler does the defense has saved him many a game with good stops after fiedler threw an interseption or went three and out. if we had a qb who could keep the O on the field just imagine what our D would be ranked.
Yes we have a great D, but they do not save us in games. First of all you can not win a game if the offense does not score. also how can you say the defense saves Jay when they allow 20 to 30 pts in a game, and make Jay go touchdown for touchdown.

My guess (and hope) is that Fiedler starts while the O-line gells. About a third through the season Jay will go down...AJ will be primed...and we go all the way to the playoffs and beyond.

OK....so I am dreaming..... :lol:

dolphindog said:
Yes we have a great D, but they do not save us in games. First of all you can not win a game if the offense does not score. also how can you say the defense saves Jay when they allow 20 to 30 pts in a game, and make Jay go touchdown for touchdown.

we only gave up 20 points 4 games and 30 one game so how is that every game. gee that only seems to be five games. jay has his moments but it is the defense that keeps the other teams offense off the field to give jay more chances to score. i do believe that jay had a few ints returned for tds also.

dolphindog said:
He wins game, incase you missed the last two seasons, Fiedlers back-ups lost games that kept us out of the playoffs. He happens to have one of the best winning records currently in the NFL.

Actually, our defense and RW have one of the best winning records in the NFL.

dolphindog said:
We usually only score touchdowns when the defense gets us the ball with good field position. On the other side, we only give up touchdowns when the offense turns the ball over and gives the opposition good field position. Rarly did our offense drive 80 for a touchdown, and rarly did the defense let someone drive 80 yards for a touchdown.

I don't think P. King knows what he's talking about. How many Dolphins mini-camps has he attended thus far???... :shakeno:

Unless QB AJ Feeley makes dramatic improvements over the next couple of months, there is no way he will be starting over J. Fiedler IMO. I've seen them both in action thi off-season and Fiedler looks much better at this point....

I don't think Dave will be willing to start Feeley based solely on giving up a second rounder for him. That doesn't make sense, and whoever is playing the best during TC and the Pre-Season should be the starter IMO. AJ's time will come, but right now he's still not up to speed. It'll take more than just his "value" to get him in the starting position....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

We won't know what AJ is capable of until he takes the first snap in a real game with the Dolphins offense. This isn't even about TC. I understand that Huard looked sharper than Fiedler in TC, of course, Fiedler was then given the job. Fiedler has been injured and faltering during TC and pre-season, and yet was given the starting job by default.

The measure of a QB isn't practice, it's gameday. Some players just don't perform well during practice, yet perform stunningly on gameday. Still others look great during practice (Derius Thompson anyone?), but become completely invisible on gameday.

Bottom line, AJ was brought here to start based on assesment of his gameday performance with the Eagles, and a slightly different range of skills he has over Fiedler. If he isn't allowed to play in a real game, then we won't know what he is truly capable of.

It's Feeley's job to lose at this point IMO.
They gave up a 2nd rounder, they want to see Feeley blossom (e.g., Hasselbeck or Brady, etc), and he has youth on his side (to be the QB of the future--and the quicker the change is made, the quicker he will reach his full potential).

Fiedler will start ONLY if Feeley is CLEARLY below Fiedler when we play Ten.

Back
Top Bottom