Peter King and Colin Cowherd- Dolphins are a top 10 team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King and Colin Cowherd- Dolphins are a top 10 team

If our offense continues to play like they did in Denver, and our D regains form after one bad game, yeah, this is a very solid team that no other team is checking off as a definite win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packers, patriots, broncos, cardinals, chiefs, eagles, colts, bengals, Steelers, ravens, browns, cowboys, Seahawks, niners.....tell me again how we're top ten!? I'd say its closer to 20 than 10.

Tell ya again...well ok, we beat the pats once...yeah yeah that was before they were playing good...well news flash, we are playing better than then too so let's see how it goes the next time we play em... But fact is we are 1-0 this yr vs Pats. Packers and Broncos are a tad better...maybe. Chiefs throttled us so can't argue that one, but I do believe a case can be made that we are as good or better than Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Cowboys, Niners, Colts, and Seahawks.

Packers, patriots, broncos, cardinals, chiefs, eagles, colts, bengals, Steelers, ravens, browns, cowboys, Seahawks, niners.....tell me again how we're top ten!? I'd say its closer to 20 than 10.

Easy, Steelers are unreliable, after getting destroyed by the Jets and nearly losing to Tennesee, Chiefs just lost to the Raider, Seahwaks have been a big dissapointment this year, Wilson is having a very sub par season, and the Niners have escaped with victories from sub or teams the last few weeks. Aside from the Patriots, no team right now is a reliable one, even the Pack nearly lost to the Vikings last week.

They said Arian deserves it but Philbin deserves to be up there. King also mentioned they need to change the coach of the year voting format to the way MLB does it. He basically said Philbin has done a great job of turning the team around from last year and has got the most out of Tannehill.

I have not been one the fans that has repeatedly trashed Philbin and called for his head, but that statement is ridiculous. I put the turnaround of the team more on the great job Benton has done with the line, and Lazor has done with Tannehill.

I don't want to trash Philbin (At least until season is over, and I have seen what he was able to do), but if it was up to Philbin, Miami would still have the same O-coordinator, O-Line Coach, and Zac Taylor would still be putting Tannehill's growth further and further away.

We're 6-5. If we finish 11-5, put Joe in the conversation. Not until then. Not even close.

I am going to state something controversial. The Dolphins are tied with the Chiefs for having the 7th best net point differential (+66). This differential is only 1 point behind the Eagles and 6 points behind the Broncos. And the other teams ahead of the Dolphins have future HOF QB's (Brady, Rodgers, Luck) and a Super Bowl winning QB (Flacco). So from this perspective one could argue that the Dolphins are a top 10 team and Joe Philbin has improved this team immensely from last year's Dolphins team which had a negative point differential.

Now I realize that others will argue that only the win-loss record matters. These close losses are very frustrating, and perhaps a change in defensive philosophy if not DC is necessary in order to close out these games. But to say that Philbin brings nothing to this team or is a bottom-tier head coach borders on calumny.

Just remember how much garbage was left in the cupboard before Ireland was fired. I think that with one more year of turning over this roster that next year could really be special.

Well we did beat the pats and we have been in every game we played but two, and those were more due to injuries rather than not being as talented. I'm talking about the first Bills and the Chiefs games. All the others were basically one play away from the win.

We are improving each year by the eyeball test. I guess in my opinion my attitude has changed due to the fact I feel we can win each week. I don't think we will but we have the chance. In years past if we played a team like the broncos or the packers I would just hope the other team had a bad game so we could we that isn't the case anymore. We are getting better just let the team continue to build and get better.

I agree. I'm excited to see how our draft goes. We will just get more depth and possibly improve current starters.

i think peter king is the most level headed guy out there and i respect him among very few NFL media guys...dolphins should be a top 10 team easily but our record and play doesnt show that...
coach philbin as a candidate for COY I dont agree with..maybe if we had a few more wins he could be in the discussion...not a philbin hater either I think he is doing good this year so far, but bruce arians and chip kelly are the real candidates...

Well we did beat the pats and we have been in every game we played but two, and those were more due to injuries rather than not being as talented. I'm talking about the first Bills and the Chiefs games. All the others were basically one play away from the win.

We are improving each year by the eyeball test. I guess in my opinion my attitude has changed due to the fact I feel we can win each week. I don't think we will but we have the chance. In years past if we played a team like the broncos or the packers I would just hope the other team had a bad game so we could we that isn't the case anymore. We are getting better just let the team continue to build and get better.

Great point. After that Denver game, and even the Packers a bit, I now feel Miami can go in and win any game. I'm not expecting us to beat the Patriots but I could see us doing it. That's a major change from the beginning of the year.

It's just to early to say, usually this is the time of year a team becomes hot and it is usually that team that makes a run at the SB. Miami could be that team if the offense continues to progress and the defense comes back to form. If they do then philbin will definitly be considered for COY. A lot of football yet to play, who knows.

And even in the Chiefs game, we were only down by six with 5 minutes left in the game.

The Buffalo game was the biggest blowout loss of the year, but I'd had loved to see what would have happened had Spiller not returned that Kickoff for a TD in the 3rd quarter.

A 6-5 team isn't Top 10. Yeah they hung with Denver but there's more to it than staying close to a team.

A 6-5 team isn't Top 10. Yeah they hung with Denver but there's more to it than staying close to a team.

I'm sorry you can't make it that simple. The Dolphins string of games is as impressive as any 7-4 team. Wins are what matter by the end of the day, but if they were that important we might as well just average them out and put whoever has done the best in the playoffs. The team has shown strides, probably 8-3 with this AFC North schedule. They're an impressive 6-5 and if they were 7-4 they'd be an impressive 7-4.

Back
Top Bottom