Peter King on Espn Radio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Espn Radio

Ed (Bills) said:
Maybe Peter Kings main point was that the Dolphins might want to reassess how they're going to try and continue building this team. I think it's a fair suggestion to say that the fins should start doing a better job of using there picks to draft players and develop them then trade them away, since that obviously isn't working. I mean look at your best players. Surtain, Taylor, Chambers, McMichael, Thomas, Ogunleye...and if I'm correct, none of these guys were even drafted in the first round.

As awesome as Ricky played in 2002, the trade was still a big risk considering how eager the Saints were to get rid of him despite investing so much, and how few teams were wiling to bid for his services. I seem to remember the Browns being the only other team interested, but were only willing to give up one 1st rounder with no conditional pick.

As for AJ, I agree it's too early to judge him, but a 2nd rounder and a big paycheck is a lot to give up for a back up. It's not like he's a rookie or hasn't played in any games before. If AJ can't beat out Fiedler for the #1 job, I'd have to imagine that the fins front office would be at least somewhat dissapointed.
we're not paying AJ big money

BringBackShula said:
Who in the WORLD wouldn't have made that trade 2 years ago?? U wouldn't have done it??

All I'm saying is that is was a risk and we knew it at the time. Long term, WHAT did it get us?

Bodzilla29 said:
All I'm saying is that is was a risk and we knew it at the time. Long term, WHAT did it get us?
It got is 8 in the box every time Ricky ran. Dave tried to use Ricky like Shula used Marino for years. Unfortunately Williams didn't have what it took to carry the team. I honestly feel that if (too bad we can't depend on "ifs") Ricky had stayed and Boston hadn't gotten hurt, THEN we would have seen if the Ricky experement was a success. Now we will never know because the puzzle was never complete.

PHINS54 said:
AS YOU CAN TELL NOT TO MANY PEOPLE LIKE HIM ON THIS BOARD...
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!
Doesn't make him wrong!

PHINS54 said:
I'M NOT SAYING HE IS WRONG.. IT'S OLD NEWS.. YOU CAN GO ON THE SHOW AND SAY THE SAME THINGS AS HIM.. HAS PETER KING BEEN TO MIAMI CAMP FOR HIMSELF?? OR IS READING THE WRITERS REPORT. HOW DOES PETER KING KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH THE TEAM? IF HE HAS NEVER BEEN TO CAMP THIS YEAR ... WHAT IF RW DIDN'T QUIT THEN TRADE FOR HIM WAS WELL WORTH IT FOR THE FINS
But Ricky DID quit!!! That is the entire point!

So WTF would Moron King be saying if Ricky was still with us?? The 2 years Ricky was with us, was it worth the 2 picks?

No it wasn't b/c you didn't even make the playoffs w/ Riicky. You acquired Ricky to put you over the top and make a SB run and that didn not happen so no matter how good his #s were in '02 the trade was a failure to this point and obviously now w/ him retirning it's a disaster and one of the worst trades in NFL history.

Rick 1966 said:
No sh**. Did he also mention that the sky was blue and the grass was green too?

You caught me off gaurd :roflmao: :roflmao:

glh205 said:
Just said that Feeley is looking like he wil have a hard time beating out Jay Fiedler this offseason.

He also said that a #2 was alot to give up for a guy who you are not sure is better than what you have.

He also went on to say that giving up a #2 for a QB who will not play and 2 #1's for a RB with character issues is a very bad sign for an organization.

He continues that Miami should really be questioning themselves for trading so many top picks for guys that won't even be starting for them this yr.
He should have added to that that the owner should be ready to fire these two bumblers after this season.

Ricky was a good trade until someone put acid in his weed. Seriously, bashing that move is not smart. David Boston was a great move too, no risk really. I do personally question the Feeley move with a second round pick. We probably could have done it for a fourth...BUT...something tells me that Rick, (Ron Wolf I believe had an influence), and Andy Reid know something about this guy that the average fan doesn't. I think he will be fine, but not until Week 6 or so though. Maybe he starts playing well in Week 7, and we get Boston in Week 9, and make the playoffs...and shut these people up. Yes optimistic...but bashing the Ricky move is just stupid.

nyjunc said:
No it wasn't b/c you didn't even make the playoffs w/ Riicky. You acquired Ricky to put you over the top and make a SB run and that didn not happen so no matter how good his #s were in '02 the trade was a failure to this point and obviously now w/ him retirning it's a disaster and one of the worst trades in NFL history.

Bullcrap.

It's not Ricky's fault that (generally) the rest of the offensive personnel was inept in 2002. If we were San Diego and we gave up two #1's for Ladanian Tomlinson......and we finished the way they did the last two years with him.....is that trade a disaster too??

The fact is, the powers that be didn't do enough to get additional offensive talent AROUND Ricky. The trade did end up being in New Orleans favor, now that Ricky has retired. But you cannot judge it based on whether or not we made the playoffs. You judge it on said player's performance.

Among the worst trades in NFL history?? This is far from Hershel Walker for 12 players. It's far from Joey Galloway for two #1's. It's far from Keyshawn Johnson for two #1's and a $56 million contract. It's far from Brett Favre for a #2. Marshall Faulk for a #2 and a #5. Every trade the Bucs made in the orange pirate era (#1 for Chris Chandler). :lol:

CD13 said:
Ricky was a good trade until someone put acid in his weed. Seriously, bashing that move is not smart. David Boston was a great move too, no risk really. I do personally question the Feeley move with a second round pick. We probably could have done it for a fourth...BUT...something tells me that Rick, (Ron Wolf I believe had an influence), and Andy Reid know something about this guy that the average fan doesn't. I think he will be fine, but not until Week 6 or so though. Maybe he starts playing well in Week 7, and we get Boston in Week 9, and make the playoffs...and shut these people up. Yes optimistic...but bashing the Ricky move is just stupid.
Dude, Ricky was a horrible trade, all that matters is the end result when evaluating a trade, he was a flake when we made the trade, we all knew it, it blew up in our faces. Priest Holmes is one example of a runner available in free agency we opted to bypass for no compensation in order to give away two first rounders for Ricky. Yes Boston was a no brainer, we were fortunate enough to have his postion coach here, otherwise we would not have him.

Muck said:
Bullcrap.

It's not Ricky's fault that (generally) the rest of the offensive personnel was inept in 2002. If we were San Diego and we gave up two #1's for Ladanian Tomlinson......and we finished the way they did the last two years with him.....is that trade a disaster too??
:lol:
While RS did bring RW here . It was a decent gamble. Unfortunately we couldn't see that RW would be a head case with a liking for marijauna. The difference between Ricky and Ladanian is Ladanian is still playing. ANd he doesn't seem to be a head case. Either way for players of that caliber you have to take a chance. Sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom