Peter King's Offseason rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King's Offseason rankings

...and now he will be on a defense with Taylor, Bowens, Gardener, Thomas and Greenwood...what's your point?
Is he going to see more double teams? NO.....will he get almost NO ATTENTION....Yes.....will he be used sparingly, like Trace was? ...YES....will that keep him fresh?........ Yes.
I hope that D.Bow and Wally Gator step up and become terrors also but if they don't , I believe we have some one who will,for sure,in Burnett.

Mixon couldn't get eleven sacks at a grocery store !

Last edited:
Originally posted by inFINSible
...and now he will be on a defense with Taylor, Bowens, Gardener, Thomas and Greenwood...what's your point?

My point is our defense isn't in the same league as that old Ravens D. Every person on that Ravens D was Pro Bowl caliber. No one accounted for him in any of their game planning. Now he's coming in here to take the pressure off of J.T. And don't act like a football n00b saying he won't see any attention. Guess what our DT's are run stoppers.........NOT pass rushers. On passing downs they will focus on J.T and Burnett and single cover Bowens and whoever else is beside him at DT. Burnett's got something to prove and until he does he's going to be looked at skeptically by me, becuase he hasn't done dick the past 6 years without having all pro's all around him.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

becuase he hasn't done dick the past 6 years without having all pro's all around him.

10 sacks in 2000 isn't dick? or even 7 in 1999? Maybe my math is a little off, but both of them were in the last 6 years....

Taylor Bowens Gardener and Thomas are all proBowl caliber talent....along with Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, and Brock Marion.

and here's a brain storm....maybe the Ravens had one of the best defenses in history because Burnett was A PART OF IT, not in spite of him! Hey! Maybe he was such a big part of it that if he were playing hurt all season, that 2001 defense wouldn't be quite as good as it was in 1999 and 2000....hmmm.

Oh, and I would love to see them double Burnett and JT with single men on Bowens and Gardener...it makes me giddy just thinking about it.:D

Originally posted by WharfRat

10 sacks in 2000 isn't dick? or even 7 in 1999? Maybe my math is a little off, but both of them were in the last 6 years....

Please pay attention to the thread before commenting. This was already discussed.

Infinsible I am not going to say it again. Our defense is NO WHERE in the league that the Ravens defense of those 2 years were and yes Burnett put up those #'s because of those around him. Go to a Ravens board and ask people. You'll get pretty much the same answer that they could have plugged just about anyone into his spot.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a solid player, but I do think he's well past it and he's got to prove he can a) be healthy this season and b) Can be an effective pass rusher in pass downs.

Then let's agree to disagree and sit back and enjoy WHATEVER happens.

Back
Top Bottom