Peterson or Arrington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peterson or Arrington

Who would you rather have?

• Julian Peterson

Votes: 130 46.4%
  • LaVar Arrington

Votes: 150 53.6%

• Total voters
They both would make an already good dolphins defense even better just a matter of $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Very VERY hard to decide between the two. It is like the Brees/Culpepper debate all over again. :lol: It is just a matter of deciding which Pro Bowl talent do you want.

I am a little bit of a homer in this situation because I am a big Penn State fan. So I voted for LaVar. However, I would be doing backflips if we got Peterson.

Having watched a lot of Skins games I can tell you that Lavar has the ability to dominate and intimidate...QB's pay attention to where he is on the field...

That being said...he is a bit of a head case..he plays hard but doesn't necessarily buy into the team concept. For instance, he might neglect his assignment to make the big play. Sometimes he gets the big play but sometimes he doesnt.

If we get Arrington you are looking at this on 3rd downs this year..

DE Kevin Carter
DT Manny Wright
DE Vonnie Holidayy
ROLB Jason Taylor
LOLB Lavar Arrington..

An absolute nightmare for Offensive coordinators. Jason and Lavar coming off the edge is sick. Plus Kevin Carter is a monster for Guards to try and block. Vonnie Holliday has some pash rush ability and if Manny Blossoms look out.

That being said Arrington won't come cheap and he is a risk injury and attitude wise...

Remember Dom Capers had Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd as OLB's when he was in Pitt...Remember how nasty that combo was...

Arrington is physically more talented than both of those guys ....

I dont know anything about Peterson..other than Saban has a good read on him since he went to MSU

Yea it wouldnt matter who we got, both players are great and have alot of skills, but money does play a factor, if we can get one cheaper then the other then take taht player.

But if they came at the same exact price i would take peterson

Where have you heard that Pete is in Miami's sights?

Can you imagine the linebacker core of Zach, Crowder, Arrington? Or Peterson for that matter. Give us either one and the AFC East is ours in a laugher next year. Corey Dillon, Willis McGahee, Curtis Martin say your freakin prayers!

Both are very talented linebackers but I think Arrington fits Saban's scheme a little better (Saban loves big backers), especially if we go to the 3-4. My one worry with both players is they have a history of being a little difficult to manage.

I chose LaVar based on size and pass rushing skills. But to be honest, I really dont know much about Peterson due to the lack of coverage the 49ers get.

im down for either one ! there both top 10 OLB's in the NFL

I love Lavar i gotta say I remember the game were he was talking maddd trash about Ricky and Ricky ran all over the redskins and used the reff as a blocker hahaha

and dont give me this Peterson is quicker BS

He has been timed at 4.4 in the 40, which makes him as fast as most running backs and wide receivers. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom