Peterson Signing Dimishes Chances of Landing Arrington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peterson Signing Dimishes Chances of Landing Arrington

big0mar

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
7 years $54mil for Peterson from the Seahawks. $10 mil in the first year. The Postons arent releasing the details of the entire contract. But I'm willing to bet Arrington doesn't sign for a cent less than Peterson. Arrington has garnered interest from more teams than Peterson. There are still a lot of teams out there with a lot of cap room looking to sign a big name. I think it would be best for us to start looking at other options.

big0mar said:
7 years $54mil for Peterson from the Seahawks. $10 mil in the first year. The Postons arent releasing the details of the entire contract. But I'm willing to bet Arrington doesn't sign for a cent less than Peterson. Arrington has garnered interest from more teams than Peterson. There are still a lot of teams out there with a lot of cap room looking to sign a big name. I think it would be best for us to start looking at other options.

Agreed.....JP has set the bar, Arrington has same agent. He will command more money then we can afford. IMO, the draft is deep @ LB, we may need to address LB at that time.

Saban is not going to even come close to what Peterson got.

big0mar said:

There is no way he gets that much! He has been hurt way to much and Peterson has alot more upside.

good point.

What do yall think bout Chad Greenway? Hawk will be taken early, I dunno bout greenway though. Ive seen him play once, and he didnt strike me as a high 1st rounder or anything special.

maddendude said:
good point.

What do yall think bout Chad Greenway? Hawk will be taken early, I dunno bout greenway though. Ive seen him play once, and he didnt strike me as a high 1st rounder or anything special.

He seems to be a Mike Vrabel type 3-4 OLB. But he graded out a little weak at the combine. Not a lot of reps at 225. Like 18?

icephinfan said:
He can convince Lavar to play for us, for alot less!

you seriously think Saban can convince Lavarr out of 4-5 mil in guaranteed money??? I have a lot of faith in saban, but to expect Lavarr to take money in the same league as Wil Witherspoon and David Thornton is a little far fetched.

Skeet84 said:
There is no way he gets that much! He has been hurt way to much and Peterson has alot more upside.

Peterson has had a much more serious injury than LA...Peterson and LA are pretty equal in talent...Peterson doesn't have any more upside than LA...

Either way, I still doubt that Saban will pay the money that he'll surely be asking for. We don't need a LB that badly. The draft is coming and there's more FA...Granted, I think Arrington is the best LB available right now, but we can get Ashworth and Sam Adams with the money we'd spend on LA...

big0mar said:
you seriously think Saban can convince Lavarr out of 4-5 mil in guaranteed money??? I have a lot of faith in saban, but to expect Lavarr to take money in the same league as Wil Witherspoon and David Thornton is a little far fetched.

We got Culpepper for a 2nd round pick didn't we?

big0mar said:
Were there any other teams offering more than us?

We don't know and that is because Saban pulled the trigger!!:eek:
Just like he will with Arrington, and if we don't he will get another playmaker in there, via FA or Draft.

icephinfan said:
He can convince Lavar to play for us, for alot less!
Do you really think that Saban can convince Lavar Arrington to play in Miami for less ?

Back
Top Bottom