Peterson Signing Dimishes Chances of Landing Arrington | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peterson Signing Dimishes Chances of Landing Arrington

Yeah The Peterson signing set the bar for Arringtion, But I still have some hope that we can get him, anyways there are plenty of LBs in the draft as it has been said, but I hope we can get Arrington so we can get a CB or OL in the draft.

icephinfan said:
That is a good idea, Saban can find talent in the draft "Linebacker":eek:

BTW, why does all your posts end with:eek:
Just wondering... :eek:

I think the draft might be the best place to find a good LB:eek:
Saban will evaluate all FA LBs "relative" to their cost, and will make the right call for us:eek:

FA situation

Ok so first....LAw is asking for 10 mill...he realizes his career is winding down, and hes trying to cash in while he still can....Lavar payed back 4 mill in guranteed money to go to a new team....so as it looks now, one cant sit there and say Lavar is all about the money...the Lavar situation will play out, and we will have to see...in the meantime we should sign Adams or Ash....If we get lavar or a good LB we should go after a CB in the draft (tye hill).....If we cant sign a LB, Im thinking Greenway...his motor is amazing...peace out go fins

I love being positive when it comes to the Fins and like to think Saban can get anyone we want. Sometimes you just have to be realistic and realize there are some factors we have no control over. The most important fact about the Peterson and Arrington situation is that the same agent represents both men. There is no way he would try to convince Arrington he is not worth a contract close to the one Peterson got, unless there isn't anyone else out there interested in LA. The agent is going to be the one negotiating for Arrington although I am sure LA will have some input. The agent will be trying to get the biggest contract he can find because that increases his payday as well. It would be great for the Dolphins and for us to get Arrington but I wont get my hopes up.

NYinBostonFin said:
Forget Arrington. Sign Law, and draft an LB with our #1.

Our secondary will go from hopefully good--> Excellent
Drafting a rookie LB gives us a very good LB core.

Younger in both positions, while having solid veterens and a lot of talented depth.

Law's price could come down more than Arrington's at this point, and thedraft is packed with a lot of first round draft picks.

Despite Law's success in 2005, I'm not convinced that handing him a contract as big as he is gonna want is the best thing for a long-term success.

Maybe we are better off without Arrington....why should Lavar get this ridiculous money when we have a guy named Zach Thomas breaks his a$$ for
a lot less.....would you want Arrington making more than you if you were
Zach......Zach puts the team first unlike these greedy guys who are all
flash and no substance.

saban has done it before and if he wants to win he will take less money unless he is only playing for money which i dont doupt

let stop talking about LB'S and talk about back up QB'S

when are we goin to adress this

Back
Top Bottom