Peyton a Dolphin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton a Dolphin?

But they didn't have a high draft pick to be able to draft him so it's a moot point!

Last edited:
I say bullshit. Jimmy's head wasn't into coaching by that point, even he said himself he didn't want to "start over" with a young QB again.

Every Miami coach has their sob story of a hall-of-fame qb they wish they would of drafted - from Manning, to Brees, to Matt Ryan, etc etc

I better not hear one out of Grier/Flo
With the high draft picks we've had to past two years there's a solid list of potential candidates. Herbert, Lance, and Fields.

But you have to hitch ur wagon to one guy. We chose Tua. Just have to hope that he's the sob story of the 4 teams that passed on him.

Who knows how Wannstedt would have used him. And with the exception of Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael, who would Peyton have thrown to? Still, it would’ve been a nice problem to have.

But they didn't have a high draft pick to be able to draft him so it's a mute point!

Did you not read the article? He says it would have been a trade up costing the Dolphins entire draft board. I’m guessing even a bit more than that.

MIA originally held the #19 pick but traded down to #29 prior to the draft.

If JJ claims he had an offer on the table to trade up but HE decided not to pull the trigger, I see no good reason not to believe him.

It’s only moot because he didn’t execute the trade. But not moot from the standpoint that it apparently could have happened had he agreed to the deal.

Back
Top Bottom