Peyton a Dolphin? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton a Dolphin?

Saw him get a long touchdown run in preseason game gainst the 49ers. Little did I know that would be his NFL highlight.
JJ took a lot of backs and most of them werenā€™t good. Avery, Jerris McFail, JJ Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar (who he forced to get 1000 yards but w like 3.3 YPC). Avery was a blow since he was a first rounder.

JJ took a lot of backs and most of them werenā€™t good. Avery, Jerris McFail, JJ Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar (who he forced to get 1000 yards but w like 3.3 YPC). Avery was a blow since he was a first rounder.
Jimmy Johnson had some great draft picks with Jason Taylor, Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison etc. But if he had taken Randy Moss and Ray Lewis, I have to think Miami might have actually competed for a super bowl title.

Can't win them all, but Moss and Marino would have been exciting. Culpepper just had to get the ball close and Moss was going to make the catch. Imagine how Marino could have finished his career!

Of course, this discussion is about trading most of the 1998 draft capital for Peyton Manning. A no brainer looking at it after the fact.

I wasn't addressing your post. More of a statement toward JJ. šŸ˜ƒ
I wasn't sure. Yeah, I can only imagine how that could have changed Miami's fortune. Such an odd draft, to trade down before it started, missing out on Randy Moss and taking John Avery. Thankfully, Patrick Surtain was an outstanding player. Time to look forward and not dwell on what might have been. I'm very excited about the current direction of the team. I know a lot is on Tua's shoulders and his development.

Back
Top Bottom