PFF discuses Tua future in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF discuses Tua future in Miami

I don't care if people want to throw rocks at Tua. I watch every week and I see a championship QB in the making. He does a great deal very well and whatever perceived shortcomings he's supposed to have are slowly but surly becoming things of the past. The interceptions, in certain cases, look pretty bad and he is still missing reads from time to time but we are winning games with him. If he makes an error, he shakes it off and takes it out on the defense. He seems to always come back with a TD after a pick. That is a trait that a champion possesses. What about the run where he trucked the defender? He has a giant heart and a huge desire to win. Plus I would say he's synced up pretty good with Waddle from their days in Alabama. Get this kid a respectable oline and RB and watch what happens!! We'll pass by NE and Buffalo like their standing still imo.
TD following INTs. This is the type of thing we would be praising a gunslinger QB for. Isn’t it better that he is somewhat careful with the ball and yet still always follows a mistake with a great play? Love the kid and glad you pointed that out for me. Will be used in future arguments with friends who don’t see the IT factor

That’s a insult.
No Way Disbelief GIF

If I had more faith in Grier’s common sense, then I would be confident that the reasons below would prevent the trade. I just do not believe in his decision making.

• $32 million a year to spend improving the team each of the next 3 year. Difference between the average salary of the two QBs.
  • 3 1st round picks and 2nd round picks is too much for anyone except Aaron Rogers in his prime years.
  • Watson averages 3.3 sacks per game over his career while Tua is less then 2 per game. Not good given the current line which will not get any better if the two bullet points above burden the organization.

So if any of you had to bet, would you bet on Tua getting a second contract in Miami? I want Tua to be the guy but I’d bet against it.

Agree, Tua has not earned the second contract, but neither did Tannehill when he was up for extension and he was extended.

So if any of you had to bet, would you bet on Tua getting a second contract in Miami? I want Tua to be the guy but I’d bet against it.
Way too early to call that. He’s had basically one season of starts, and he’s trending up. Let’s see what happens.

Deshaun Watson is 1" taller than Tua. I don't get the obsession especially since the guy makes a ton of money, has so much legal issues, and completely through a temper tantrum with ownership quitting on the team.

Meanwhile Tua who's really playing in his first full season with a makeshift offensive line, non existent running game, and depleted receiver group has been getting better each and every week. Is on a rookie contract allowing Dolphins to max cap to fill other spots.

Back
Top Bottom