PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021

29th is an unrealistic as 1. Or just as likely?

Fantasy projection has him valued around 15-20 in redraft leagues.

I loosely extrapolated last years team stats and see his floor at 15. That's assuming no injuries and no regression.

Even with slight improvement at several positions, I'd expect at least a moderate improvement overall. A top 10-12 kind of year.

But, if we're being honest, I see big improvements at several key positions that will affect him greatly. It could mean a big step forward from Tua, propelling this team into the playoffs. It could also become very apparent Tua is the deficiency in the offense. The team would be better overall but not translate to more wins.

Either way, I see Tua's floor to be top 12 and his ceiling is only limited by him. We'll also know if he's the one by the end of the year.

"It’s hard to adjust to the speed of the game as a rookie, especially when you don’t know when you're going to be pulled for a savvy veteran."

How about when you are less than a year removed from major hip surgery, and you weren't really expected to be playing at all?

The fact is though, the player was not bad and the stats (11 touchdowns to 5 interceptions) show that. Not to mention a 6-3 record as a starter.

You can't use the team record as a means to determine individual performance. Also, as the stat above indicates, he had 13 turnover-worthy plays. That is NOT a good ratio. That's very bad, and considering he was mostly throwing short, that makes it even worse.

once again, I don't care if the media ranks him 32 or 1.......who cares about what they have to say? every player has to go out there on the field and play the games. Rankings don't mean anything.
Lol yet you're responding buddy.

"It’s hard to adjust to the speed of the game as a rookie, especially when you don’t know when you're going to be pulled for a savvy veteran."

How about when you are less than a year removed from major hip surgery, and you weren't really expected to be playing at all?
I get what you're saying but if they had to asterisk up every player for something they are dealing with there would be no point of the pointless rankings.

You can't use the team record as a means to determine individual performance. Also, as the stat above indicates, he had 13 turnover-worthy plays. That is NOT a good ratio. That's very bad, and considering he was mostly throwing short, that makes it even worse.
What are “turnover worthy plays??” Dropped ints?

Josh Allen who everyone seems to love right now, had 23 turnover-worthy plays. I am not sure if this made up "turnover-worthy" stat only means for pass attempts or just every play they have the ball in their hand, but if you average that based on just pass attempts, Tua (a rookie, coming off a major injury with no offseason training, mini camps, OTAs, etc.) wasn't all that much worse than an MVP candidate.

Allen had a "turnover-worthy" play on every 24.8 passes. Tua had a "turnover-worthy" play on every 22.3 passes.

Josh Allen who everyone seems to love right now, had 23 turnover-worthy plays. I am not sure if this made up "turnover-worthy" stat only means for pass attempts or just every play they have the ball in their hand, but if you average that based on just pass attempts, Tua (a rookie, coming off a major injury with no offseason training, mini camps, OTAs, etc.) wasn't all that much worse than an MVP candidate.

Allen had a "turnover-worthy" play on every 24.8 passes. Tua had a "turnover-worthy" play on every 22.3 passes.
That’s not saying much because most on this site think Josh Allen sucks.

Tua was 25th in the league at air yards per attempt. If you are throwing short most of time, as Tua was, you are going to have less chances for "turn over worth" plays. Comparing Allen to Tua is apples and oranges.

his play will dictate everything. i'm willing to give him a pass based on my belief that physically he wasn't really back fully from the hip injury. that probably contributed to a lack of confidence to make certain plays. and yes the weapons weren't great and the scheme wasn't the best etc etc.

i do agree with the sentiment that i'd rather have guys with a chip on their shoulder in most cases. definitely with free agents, i prefer a one year prove it deal type of situation. that tends to bring the best out in players. with rookies, it can go either way, key is you don't want them to lose faith in their own abilities.

with that said, perception can turn into reality if enough people are crying wolf, so let's see if the young man can change that in the eyes of so many media types.

What gives me hope for Tua was his Elite 11 QB camp experience in high school. When he went to the original camp they pointed out some things he needed to work on. Then he went home and worked on those skills tirelessly. When he returned, it was night and day how he’d improved. He won the MVP.

That’s how i see this off-season. Last year showed him what he needs to work on. And if his track record of hard work is any indication, watch out this year!

Here’s an old Elite 11 article about him. Tua Elite 11

I think comparing a three year vet in Josh Allen to a roolie like Tua is crazy. Like comparing a cake that's made to a bowl full of flour, sugar and eggs. I'm not saying Tua is a sure thing to be a top level qb, but it's to early to say he won't become one.

Back
Top Bottom