PFF’s Favorite and Least Favorite Miami Dolphins Free Agency Move | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF’s Favorite and Least Favorite Miami Dolphins Free Agency Move

Next year promises another round of this... we'll have to pick up 5th year options on Waddle and Phillips (if he returns to strength), and either resign or tag Holland, while paying Tua real money.

That's going to be a lot... an awful lot of money.

In 2026, some of these guys are probably gonna walk or be traded.

To survive, we'll have to sign a lot of these cheap 1 year deals and hit on quite a few draft picks.
If McD doesn’t win a playoff game we’re starting over…
Dolphin fans (include myself) are in NFL hell because this guy so far cannot win a big game for his life….
He gets a 70 point win but is a mess when we play real teams….
So we will be back to fire sale without winning something this season….
So before all this talk of paying people we have to win a REAL game…
His in game management is a D and his preparation for big games is an F…
But maybe he will learn - we will see!

Favorite FA move was not wasting tons of money on Hunt & Wilkins.

My least favorite addition will be OBJ if we sign him, currently it's Aaron Brewer, not that I don't like it but his size scares the **** out of me.

If McD doesn’t win a playoff game we’re starting over…
Dolphin fans (include myself) are in NFL hell because this guy so far cannot win a big game for his life….
Well... I think you are... raving. And wrong.

Thus far, McD has been in two, both on the road, both while an underdog, and this year, while SEVERELY hobbled by injuries.

There was no way we were gonna win this year's game with so many starters out (and a few more severely hobbled). Blaming the coach for that is like blaming the President for the fact that it's raining.

...and you have to let some of them walk or trade them for minimal compensation.

Look at the Chiefs and Sneed. They just couldn't afford to keep him. That middle of the 3rd round pick they got for him was barely better than the likely late 3rd comp pick that they would have gotten from the NFL.

We're there.

We lost a couple players this year, and I really wonder about Holland next year... it's the system.

It is the league. Good teams hve to be good at it. Patriots were masters of it. They were able to get budding acorns early and traded players for picks when they wanted too much money.

The truth is we should have traded CW a year ago after he turned down 20 mil per year.

If McD doesn’t win a playoff game we’re starting over

I would hope not.

This is what bad organisations do … hopefully we are growing out of that.

It is the league. Good teams hve to be good at it. Patriots were masters of it. They were able to get budding acorns early and traded players for picks when they wanted too much money.

The truth is we should have traded CW a year ago after he turned down 20 mil per year.
100% And with some of these reworked contracts I hope we see Miami find takers before their deals end. Look at Philly (IMO alongside the Chiefs the best roster managers in the NFL) getting 2 solid years from Reddick then dumping his final year and $21.8mm cap on the jets and still getting a mid-round pick. Ramsey and Hill I am looking at you in a year or two--and why I won't be disappointed if the Fins go WR or CB with either of their top 2 picks this year.

100% And with some of these reworked contracts I hope we see Miami find takers before their deals end. Look at Philly (IMO alongside the Chiefs the best roster managers in the NFL) getting 2 solid years from Reddick then dumping his final year and $21.8mm cap on the jets and still getting a mid-round pick. Ramsey and Hill I am looking at you in a year or two--and why I won't be disappointed if the Fins go WR or CB with either of their top 2 picks this year.

BPA all the way in the draft

He drafted on of the highest paid guards in the NFL and a starting RT with the only 2 high draft choices spent on the OL.
This is what Schatz wrote under the most head scratching free agency moves: Schatz: Guard Robert Hunt to the Panthers. Hunt was below average among guards in both pass block win rate (89.6%) and run block win rate (68.6%) last season. The season before, he was 20th in pass block win rate but again below average in run block win rate. It doesn't scream, "Hey, make me the second-highest paid right guard in the NFL." Just because Hunt was paid like a top 5 guard doesn’t mean he is a top 5 guard. Actually he is below average and that was the reason he wasn’t retained by our team. Jackson took too much to pan out and he is NOT a top 10 RT by any means. The OL is so bad, that Jackson looks solid. But if you really evaluate the whole OL there were two pretty darn good players and the rest were below average to totally bad. Those two very good were the often injured Armstead and the now injured/gone Williams. Both of them drafted by other GMs. There is not a single top 10 OL drafted by Grier that has ever started for our team. Point made.

This is what Schatz wrote under the most head scratching free agency moves: Schatz: Guard Robert Hunt to the Panthers. Hunt was below average among guards in both pass block win rate (89.6%) and run block win rate (68.6%) last season. The season before, he was 20th in pass block win rate but again below average in run block win rate. It doesn't scream, "Hey, make me the second-highest paid right guard in the NFL." Just because Hunt was paid like a top 5 guard doesn’t mean he is a top 5 guard. Actually he is below average and that was the reason he wasn’t retained by our team. Jackson took too much to pan out and he is NOT a top 10 RT by any means. The OL is so bad, that Jackson looks solid. But if you really evaluate the whole OL there were two pretty darn good players and the rest were below average to totally bad. Those two very good were the often injured Armstead and the now injured/gone Williams. Both of them drafted by other GMs. There is not a single top 10 OL drafted by Grier that has ever started for our team. Point made.
Touche' He was also smart enough to let Hunt walk.

Back
Top Bottom