PFF's Top 10 Interior Defenders | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF's Top 10 Interior Defenders

i think most people on this board know what pff does and how they do it but the conflict is do you agree with their opinions and yes in the end pff is relying on alot of opinions

As I have said before, disagreeing is fine BUT, post what you disagree with and why. Some here have done this and were spot on with PFF changing a few grades. That's a VG thing, everybody learns something.

My disagreement with some is saying they watch games and PFF sucks, without posting who, what, and when they had the problem with and/or what they saw. Also, some say that they saw this players every game, and he should be ranked higher or lower. The problem there, among others, is that they did not watch the other players every game who are ranked, and do not have any fair comparison for a basis to disagree. JMO

So, you're saying that PFF is a joke and you can't stand it because of people that use it? That's kinda silly, like saying you hate a message because of the messenger. :)

I have to think that you do not even know what PFF does. Their grades are based strictly on watching film to an extreme, not spreadsheets.

it has become a joke to me yes. I am fully aware of what it is.

I'm surprised they ranked Suh that low. Outside of Watt, I'd take him over anybody else on that list (and luckily we already have him). J.J. Watt is on another level and I think Suh is just a notch below him. Not entirely sure what they look for when grading "interior lineman" but I find it hard to believe Suh-nami just barely makes the top 10...

They based it on what they saw a player do over the last two years. For example, Suh's 8.5 sacks were tied for third with 2 others at DT only, and in 2013 his 5.5sacks were #11. They add in QB hits and hurries. They grade the run, and stops (a negative result from a solo tackle on the run, a stop on 3rd and 1, a 2 yard gain on 1st and 10, etc.). They also subtract for penalties. Teams do the same.

That said, Suh was #10 but, 2 points away from #3. That could have been penalties alone.

Filed under, Things statistics can not take account for.

fairleystunt1-590x331.jpg

fairleystunt21-590x331.jpg

122714gb18.png

Sometimes I can't believe how much some posters disregard PFF grades. It's not the end all be all but it's something and I think it has some merit. Are there many players who suck that are rated highly by PFF? Typically the grades on who we believe to be good and who we think sucks are close to reality. Being butt hurt because Suh isn't the highest rated defender per them is dumb. Most here know the respect he commands and what he does to free up others. I mentioned to a co worker that someone did a statistical comparison between Suh and Dareus and it was pretty close. His immediate response was, "Dareus has K. Williams and M. Williams that also require lots of attention." He's right and that's stuff PFF doesn't take into account but that doesn't mean their grades are garbage.

Sometimes I can't believe how much some posters disregard PFF grades. It's not the end all be all but it's something and I think it has some merit. Are there many players who suck that are rated highly by PFF? Typically the grades on who we believe to be good and who we think sucks are close to reality. Being butt hurt because Suh isn't the highest rated defender per them is dumb. Most here know the respect he commands and what he does to free up others. I mentioned to a co worker that someone did a statistical comparison between Suh and Dareus and it was pretty close. His immediate response was, "Dareus has K. Williams and M. Williams that also require lots of attention." He's right and that's stuff PFF doesn't take into account but that doesn't mean their grades are garbage.

Nah, it's pretty much crap.

Pro Football Focus @PFF
Why Eli Manning isn't even a top-20 QB right now:

I deleted the link attached b/c they don't deserve the clicks.

Back
Top Bottom