PFN mock, no trades allowed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFN mock, no trades allowed

I'm not a fan of the Rousseau pick and I don't know anything about Schwartz (but it's pick 185 so its probably a throw away anyways), but I like the rest of the draft.
Schwartz reportedly has ran a 4.27. His speed shows up. Auburn uses him on sweeps, where he excels. Suspect hands. Maybe a bigger Jakeem Grant.

I was going to go Smith-Marsette whom I like a lot in that range, but felt I needed a CB. Disagree on St. Brown, think he's a perfect fit for what we need and under rated right now.
I like St. Brown too. He doesn't necessarily blow you away with any of his skills, but he gets the job done.

Gonna go against the grain here and say I love the Rousseau pick at 18. He’s a guy with elite traits who plays with effort, and the fact that he’s a better rusher from the interior than the edge could end up being more of a feature than a bug with our defensive scheme. DPOY potential if we can coach him up which I trust our staff to do
He might be the wildcard of this draft.

I was after Robinson higher, to come in and upgrade Needham, but he went at pick 49. Taylor's more of a boundary guy, so the fit isn't great but I thought he was great at the Senior Bowl and if we do end up trading Howard, having him and Iggy competing for the spot, may not be a bad idea.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Needham, we've done a good job with him. There are good options with Robinson and also Elijah Molden and Ifeata Melifonwu if we do upgrade.

I have not seen a lot of Zach Wilson until the last few weeks... But damn @BigNastyFish the kid has a very good arm. The more I watch, the more I think that kid has a chance to be really good for someone. Maybe not the Dolphins, but damn. I see why you draft him and let the battle start or trade Mr T for another pick. If the jests trade for Watson or go OL and stick with Darnold....that is going to be a hard to pass on situation. Will also put amazing value on our pick. Of course the jests could also flip Darnold for a pick/picks and nap Wilson? We shall see....

I have not seen a lot of Zach Wilson until the last few weeks... But damn @BigNastyFish the kid has a very good arm. The more I watch, the more I think that kid has a chance to be really good for someone. Maybe not the Dolphins, but damn. I see why you draft him and let the battle start or trade Mr T for another pick. If the jests trade for Watson or go OL and stick with Darnold....that is going to be a hard to pass on situation. Will also put amazing value on our pick. Of course the jests could also flip Darnold for a pick/picks and nap Wilson? We shall see....
The kids got an excellent arm, throws from every angle, flick release, very good athlete, competitive, good size (tho needs to add a little "bulk" IMO). Of course there ain't NO QB prospect coming from college with a 100% Guarantee of NFL performance but this kid looks as good to me as a prospect as Allen (tho they are different -- Allen being more raw and a bigger athlete). The more you watch this kid you can easily see why he's prob the #2 pick now. And to be honest, he can do some things that Tua can't dream of. Not saying he's guaranteed to be "better" as a Pro but my gawd you just don't pass on a prospect like that UNLESS you're already loaded at the position with PROVEN performance.

My QB ranking

1) Trevor Lawrence
2) Mac Jones
3) Justin Fields
4) Zach Wilson
5) Trey Lance
6) Kellen Mond
7) Kyle Trask
8) Jamie Newman
9) who cares

Back
Top Bottom