Pft: Dolphins May Explore Trade For John Harbaugh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft: Dolphins May Explore Trade For John Harbaugh

A1.

Club Member
Reaction score
Take w/ grain of salt.

If was posted elsewhere already, didn't see it.

I'm firmly in the camp that if Gase is being fired, then Harbaugh is at the top of the wish list. I think we need a veteran coach with connections who can assemble a good staff, and who is a proven winner. Don't think there's anyone else really on the market out there.

There is Bruce Arians, but I think Bruce Arians is more interested in promoting Bruce Arians than dealing with the grind of football.

Let the Broncos have him. Dolphins need all picks they have and an actual football mind as GM to make roster decisions.

If you get John Harbaugh, then you go get Ozzie.

This is a long put. You don't worry about a couple of draft picks. You are organization building. And you need a strong foundation.

I don't care about saving draft resources for another TB to come in and squander. I want this organization to nut up, admit they aren't "great" and have fallen from grace.

There is a time and place to save draft resources. And then there is a time for action.

You make the play, swing for the fences and align all of your efforts to go get the best. No time for pride.... it is time to put all your chips in the middle and make a play for a champion.

Anything else is a half measure.

If fans want a great QB, Harbaugh is going to fail to deliver. If you want a physical team, Harbaugh is the man to try and acquire. Still, it only works if we can draft successfully. Harbaugh can’t do it without good players.

A good coach is worth his weight in gold. Half of football is mental.
Shula turned an expansion team into a winner in 2 yrs.
The team has some good young talent and some solid developmental players.
There is parity in the league and good QB play and good coaching are often what separates a 7-9 win team into a 10-12 win team.

Harbaugh is not the personnel man in Baltimore and never has been. With that said, I do think we would see a decisive move away from this finesse football we have seen under Philbin and Gase if John Harbaugh were brought in as the coach.

I think that would be a very positive development, as the finesse game simply has not worked for this team.

I don't understand the "well harbuagh isn't bringing Ozzie or that defense w/ him, so no" takes.

No one you Hire is bringing anyone but themselves w/ them

You want someone that:

Has connections - check
Experienced winner - check
Has an identity - check

Dude won a super bowl w/ joe flacco. I'll give him a chance to right this ship all day every day

attitude reflects leadership. Its clear the players don't care much....meaning Gase and Burke need to go. What was Quinn thinking when he grabbed and yelled at the OL guy? He knew he was going to get ejected obviously. Didn't care. He is basically giving the finger to the organization, as was Kiko I think too.

Still, it only works if we can draft successfully. Harbaugh can’t do it without good players.

Bingo.

Who was Belicheat before Brady?

Love the thought of Harbaugh.

Hate the thought of it costing us a #1 pick.

Back
Top Bottom