PFT: "Gadsden Teammate: Oronde Is A 'Dumbass'" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: "Gadsden Teammate: Oronde Is A 'Dumbass'"

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Yup, there it is. And here's the story:

"GADSDEN TEAMMATE: ORONDE IS A "DUMBASS"

As Dolphins receiver Oronde Gadsden continues to search for his next NFL meal, at least one of his teammates is privately ripping the receiver and his agent, Michael Todd, for a contract strategy that has seen Gadsden's earning potential plummet over the past 12 months.

Last September, Gadsden turned down a multi-year offer from the Dolphins, which included a $750,000 signing bonus. The Fins were willing to make the investment in Gadsden even when he was playing with a wrist injury that ultimately knocked him out for the rest of the year (actually, he chose season-ending surgery after he rejected the Dolphins' contract offer).

But Gadsden and Todd opted instead to test the open market, where the veteran receiver got a few sniffs from teams like the Vikings and the Patriots, but nothing serious. Along the way, Gadsden's Miami teammates were urging him to accept an incentive-laden deal.

The Dolphins indeed remain interested, but for only the $530,000 one-year minimum, with incentives. Gadsden supposedly wants a signing bonus, too.

These developments have prompted Gadsden's teammate to question, "Who in the f--- is stupider, Gadsden or the agent? Can you say dumbass?"

Link to rest of the column

None. OG is his only client. Imagine that.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
i'd be interested to see what other athletes are represented by Michael Todd

My guess would be..

But I could be mistaken.

which is why i said before, why does anyone want him back? CK? any suggestions? This guy has been crying for a contract every friggin year, and the Fins bend over for him and give him some more money, and then this! he gets his injury, and then wants to sit out the season and get more money? im surprised we are still talking about this guy. if ever you wanted a slow reciever with great hands, he is it. but noone wants a slow reciever.

There is no question Oronde played his hand stupidly. He also lost my esteem when he didn't tough it out last year when we needed him.

For most players, in the NFL, you have to perform first, then you get the nice contract. Oronde had been underpaid relative to performance during his time with Miami and was looking for some payback. IMO Miami offered a generous deal but he thought he should get more

Now he's stuck

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
good question, who is dumber? I personally think OG is as he should have fired this dimwit ages ago.

Jim Carrey of Jeff Daniels immediately come to mind !!! :D

Originally posted by zachseau13
There is no question Oronde played his hand stupidly. He also lost my esteem when he didn't tough it out last year when we needed him.

For most players, in the NFL, you have to perform first, then you get the nice contract. Oronde had been underpaid relative to performance during his time with Miami and was looking for some payback. IMO Miami offered a generous deal but he thought he should get more

Now he's stuck

your only as good as the market dictates. and the market has now dictated. Wannspiel were right all along. orande gadsden can make an occasional play, but he does not scare anyone and they ar eonto his corner of the endzone play all the way.

This was a huge mis-calculation by OG. I think it was more OG's issue than his agent. While he was a valuable commodity to the Dolphins, it was pretty clear to me and I think to most outside observers, that OG would not garner a big contract with any other team. He fit with the Dolphins, but he didn't break open games. In a league where the cap rules, you can't dole out big $$ or multi year deals to a guy who's not going to do that.

He blew it! Thanks for the report!

OG has not been underpaid. He made $2 million last year. And we had a much better contract offer on the table than what we got now. Simply put, he wants to be overpaid.

I loved the guy. I feel he was a solid/important player for us. But Derrius Thompson will effectively replace him. And I'd like to see what JR Tolver has in store. IMO, OG played his last down for the Dolphins that cold Sunday night in Denver.

"who is stupider?.....".....my guess is the person who uttered this made up word.

I think we might end up gettin gadsen back he will eventually come in for a smaller contract.

I'll give him a buck fifty to shine my shoes with his surgically repaired wrist. I'll even give him an incentive of an additional fifty cents if he does a real good job.

Other then that, he's lost my respect and doesnt deserve anything. We offered a lot, he said no, and now he's got squat. His own fault. He had the ultimate decision, not his agent.

Back
Top Bottom