PFT: "Gadsden Teammate: Oronde Is A 'Dumbass'" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: "Gadsden Teammate: Oronde Is A 'Dumbass'"

The Phins have said after the draft that they're really looking forward to going back to what Norv wants to do...i.e..passing down packages consisting of a slot WR, a TE (McMichael), and Ricky. Norv wants Randy and Ricky to stay in all three downs. And they'd like to get more 2-TE sets in (another reason why they drafted Lee). As CK said, Norv's not really interested in 4 WR sets. He likes the 2-WR, Power-I attack that bludgeons you with the run game and takes you to task with play-action.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Don't get into arguing salary numbers with me :) I'll eat you alive. All your posting is the base salaries. Your not posting the signing bonuses or the incentives earned over this period. He also got a nice signing bonus with that 3 year deal and it was the HIGHEST contract ever given to an EFA at the time. You overrate Orende's ability. The guy was nothing more then a 3rd down WR and was paid quite well for it. Look at what we signed Thompson to. He put up numbers similar to Orende this year and signed for less then what we gave Orende.

Who is Orende?

Oronde did not earn a signing bonus in the first two years of his contract. In July of 2000 he signed a three year $4M deal.

In terms of over-rating Oronde's ability, I never actually rated Oronde's ability other than to say that I would only be in favor of re-signing him for the veteran minimium.

Please, oh please, do not eat me alive

Exclusive rights free agents (ERFA) have no bargaining power...they either take the contract they are given by their respective team or detour to the nearest McDonalds and practice their smile.

I don't think we are comparing apples to apples here if you are comparing an ERFA WR to other FA WRs. Therefore, I think that Oronde got what he deserved at that time...regardless of his performance.

"Exclusive rights free agents (ERFA) have no bargaining power...they either take the contract they are given by their respective team or detour to the nearest McDonalds and practice their smile."

I believe that I said the same thing in an earlier post. I even agree with you that he got what he deserved at that time.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Oronde was not paid what he was worth - he was paid what the Fins could get away with paying him because as an earlier poster pointed out he was an exclusive rights free agent. Because of that they were able to pay him the following in 1998 and 1999.

1998 - $144,000 48 catches, 713 yds, 7 TD
1999 - $250,000 48 catches, 803 yds, 6 TD

However, I made the further point (now for the third time) that very often in the NFL players are rewarded for over-performance by a nice contract down the road. IMO that is exactly what the Fins were offering him last year.

I wonder who said this...who do you all think said this.

I hope Chambers said it. I also hope Chambers insulted his feet and threatened him if he returns..

Would you be suprised if it was James McKnight??

Originally posted by Muck
Would you be suprised if it was James McKnight??

Nope and it probably was. McKnight wasn't too happy about sitting out a few games last year. He knows he was better than OG, and he still isn't getting the respect that he DESERVES. Besides, Chambers is in heaven, Fin heaven. He's just sitting alone as the no.1 guy and he is too quiet.

You're right, it probably was McKnight..

It was Mcknight...now he should get his chance to start..like he should have last year before OG started crying..OG is defintely a #3 security blanket and definetly should not be starting..he gives chambers no cover..but for 3rd downs he's great..and I laugh when we have him on the outside..I bet CB's just fear his deep route..and Jay needs protection to get him deep..I mean like an extra 2 seconds..and in football that's like all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
like I said before, he's not coming back and we don't need him anyway!

IGNORANT!

Originally posted by IceStorm
I'll give him a buck fifty to shine my shoes with his surgically repaired wrist. I'll even give him an incentive of an additional fifty cents if he does a real good job.

Other then that, he's lost my respect and doesnt deserve anything. We offered a lot, he said no, and now he's got squat. His own fault. He had the ultimate decision, not his agent.

SAY THAT TO HIS FACE, TOUGH GUY!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HE'S LOST YOUR RESPECT".WHO ARE YOU? HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED PRO FOOTBALL? EVER WORE A JOCK,TOUGH GUY?
YOU EXPECT HIM TO PLAY WITH A BROKEN HAND? A WR WITH A BROKEN HAND? LEARN ABOUT THE SPORT BEFORE YOU POST ANY MORE STUPID REMARKS.:fire:

Re: IGNORANT!

Originally posted by JAKE91

SAY THAT TO HIS FACE, TOUGH GUY!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HE'S LOST YOUR RESPECT".WHO ARE YOU? HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED PRO FOOTBALL? EVER WORE A JOCK,TOUGH GUY?
YOU EXPECT HIM TO PLAY WITH A BROKEN HAND? A WR WITH A BROKEN HAND? LEARN ABOUT THE SPORT BEFORE YOU POST ANY MORE STUPID REMARKS.:fire:

Actually Oronde had a torn ligament in his wrist and it was widely reported at the time that he decided to undergo season ending wrist surgery when the Dolphins did not meet his contract demands.

Before you flame me, I did play football through HS and suffered a torn ACL, a separated shoulder, torn ligaments in my ankle, two broken fingers, and a fractured vertebrae.

Originally posted by Danny
like I said before, he's not coming back and we don't need him anyway!
it looks like the sign of the times. nobody has any loyalty at all any more. he should be thanful to the dolphins he's not in the arena league anymore! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by fairbanksb
This thread is carrying on. Don't know how much longer it will go but just to refresh everyone's memory on the story.

http://ps1.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,5813761_59,00.html
we know all that, but it is also known gadsden turned down the last offer the fins made!, either that or that agent of his did( and i use the name loosely)!:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom