PFT: "Gadsden Teammate: Oronde Is A 'Dumbass'" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: "Gadsden Teammate: Oronde Is A 'Dumbass'"

Re: IGNORANT!

Originally posted by JAKE91

SAY THAT TO HIS FACE, TOUGH GUY!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HE'S LOST YOUR RESPECT".WHO ARE YOU? HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED PRO FOOTBALL? EVER WORE A JOCK,TOUGH GUY?
YOU EXPECT HIM TO PLAY WITH A BROKEN HAND? A WR WITH A BROKEN HAND? LEARN ABOUT THE SPORT BEFORE YOU POST ANY MORE STUPID REMARKS.:fire:

Jake, calm down Big guy..Gadson didn't have a broken hand..he had a torn ligiment in his wrist..plus this is a board to let out opinions..relax, enjoy the posts..Don't blow a gasket..this to shall pass..:lol:

Re: Re: IGNORANT!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Jake, calm down Big guy..Gadson didn't have a broken hand..he had a torn ligiment in his wrist..plus this is a board to let out opinions..relax, enjoy the posts..Don't blow a gasket..this to shall pass..:lol:

Absolutely right. Gadsden said himself that he could play if he was offered what he wanted. Since he didn't get what he wanted he decided on surgery so he would be ready for the FA market. He on the FA market. Hope he's happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HE'S LOST YOUR RESPECT".WHO ARE YOU? HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED PRO FOOTBALL? EVER WORE A JOCK,TOUGH GUY?
YOU EXPECT HIM TO PLAY WITH A BROKEN HAND? A WR WITH A BROKEN HAND? LEARN ABOUT THE SPORT BEFORE YOU POST ANY MORE STUPID REMARKS.:fire:

Just a tip. You automatically lose any credibility you have when you post in all caps. Makes you come across as a moron. Especially when you tell people to "learn about the sport" when you don't have a clue what your talking about. He did not have a broken hand.

YO big guy, take it easy. you need to realize that you may be wrong :). Really now, Gadsden was hurt right before half time of the Denver game last year. He played the rest of the game. He didn't know he had damaged his wrist until AFTER the game when it stiffened up. You should do some research before YOU post stupid remarks as you said.;)

Originally posted by zachseau13
Before you flame me, I did play football through HS and suffered a torn ACL, a separated shoulder, torn ligaments in my ankle, two broken fingers, and a fractured vertebrae.

P*ssy. ;)

And here's the latest offering from PFT:

SOMEONE SHOULD GIVE GADSDEN A SHOT

In the wake of our report regarding the strong feelings of at least one player in Miami as to the inability of receiver Oronde Gadsden to find a new gig, one personnel exec told us that, in his view, someone should take a chance on Gadsden for something about the league minimum of $530,000.

Despite his age (32 when the season opens) and his 2002 wrist injury, Gadsden is a big target with arguably the best hands in the league.

Early last season, Gadsden made a one-handed catch against the Jets that was one of the best we've ever seen, rivaling even Cris Carter's snatch-and-grab against the Falcons in 1991.

But with no one willing to take a flyer on Gadsden, the word is that he likely will, in time, rejoin the Dolphins. The only other option at this point is the Jaguars. New pro personnel director Charles Bailey likes big receivers, and if the Jags don't land San Fran's J.J. Stokes, Gadsden could be the next target.

Another problem, according to a league source, is that Gadsden is genuinely embarrassed by his decision not to accept a multi-year deal with a $750,000 bonus -- while injured -- in September 2002. Eight months later, he's facing the prospect of earning much, much less.

Remember, it was SEPTEMBER with the initial wrist injury when the Dolphins made the initial offer. He turned it down. Then when he fubar'd the wrist at Denver, we decreased the offer. He still refused it. Now he's out in the cold. Speilman was right all along.

Originally posted by Muck
And here's the latest offering from PFT:

SOMEONE SHOULD GIVE GADSDEN A SHOT

In the wake of our report regarding the strong feelings of at least one player in Miami as to the inability of receiver Oronde Gadsden to find a new gig, one personnel exec told us that, in his view, someone should take a chance on Gadsden for something about the league minimum of $530,000.

Despite his age (32 when the season opens) and his 2002 wrist injury, Gadsden is a big target with arguably the best hands in the league.

Early last season, Gadsden made a one-handed catch against the Jets that was one of the best we've ever seen, rivaling even Cris Carter's snatch-and-grab against the Falcons in 1991.

But with no one willing to take a flyer on Gadsden, the word is that he likely will, in time, rejoin the Dolphins. The only other option at this point is the Jaguars. New pro personnel director Charles Bailey likes big receivers, and if the Jags don't land San Fran's J.J. Stokes, Gadsden could be the next target.

Another problem, according to a league source, is that Gadsden is genuinely embarrassed by his decision not to accept a multi-year deal with a $750,000 bonus -- while injured -- in September 2002. Eight months later, he's facing the prospect of earning much, much less.

Remember, it was SEPTEMBER with the initial wrist injury when the Dolphins made the initial offer. He turned it down. Then when he fubar'd the wrist at Denver, we decreased the offer. He still refused it. Now he's out in the cold. Speilman was right all along.

LOL sorry he is a dumbass.

Oliver...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Just a tip. You automatically lose any credibility you have when you post in all caps. Makes you come across as a moron. Especially when you tell people to "learn about the sport" when you don't have a clue what your talking about. He did not have a broken hand.

GENIUS, MY POST WAS IN RESPONSE TO ICE STORM, POST #15. LEARN HOW TO NAVIGATE THE BOARD AND INTERPRET WHAT IS WRITTEN IN A QUOTED RESPONSE. WHO IS THE MORON NOW?

Re: Re: Re: IGNORANT!

GENIUS, MY POST WAS IN RESPONSE TO ICE STORM, POST #15. LEARN HOW TO NAVIGATE THE BOARD AND INTERPRET WHAT IS WRITTEN IN A QUOTED RESPONSE. WHO IS THE MORON NOW?

The moron would be the poster that types in all caps and attacks another's knowledge of the sport by citing inaccurate facts, then gets defensive when their error is pointed out.

In the cyberworld, using all caps means that your yelling. It's considered a faux pas.

Also, we're a family here. And this is a public forum. Everyone is welcome to respond to any and every post. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
The Phins have said after the draft that they're really looking forward to going back to what Norv wants to do...i.e..passing down packages consisting of a slot WR, a TE (McMichael), and Ricky. Norv wants Randy and Ricky to stay in all three downs. And they'd like to get more 2-TE sets in (another reason why they drafted Lee). As CK said, Norv's not really interested in 4 WR sets. He likes the 2-WR, Power-I attack that bludgeons you with the run game and takes you to task with play-action.

I like that kind of formations. I wouldn't be surprised to see only 1 WR at times with Konrad set as an H back with the 2 TEs. That could make some Ds do a little squiriming.

whoa dude. Switch to decaf. Or lay off the RED BULL. Whatever.:sleep:

Dissing Oronde is harsh, but I think we're all a little bummed this whole situation went sour. I always thought his story was heartwarming feelgood kinda thing (Arena league to the Dolphins) and he always made those eye-popping catches so you hate to see him get the shaft...but it looks like he was selfish & bluffed the team, & they called him on it (replacing him w/Thompson). He misjudged the situation (ie his value to other teams) and lost his leverage.

Who knows, maybe someone on some team will blow out a knee during a minicamp & suddenly OG will be a hot commodity, but we don't seem to need him anymore (& I'd hate to see someone like Tolver get held back for the sake of re-signing OG).

I still like him & respect him & wish we could sign him just for that one highlight-reel catch per game, but hey....

...maybe I'll go buy one of his shirts:D

It's clear in hindsight that Gadsden made a mistake as far as the money, but I think it's a little harsh to call him a dumb-ass for it.

When OG had to make his decision, the OJ McDuffie de-signing was still pretty fresh in everyone's mind. That pretty much boiled down to OJ playing while hurt, getting worse, and being left out in the cold by the Dolphins, in the end.

OG simply didn't let that happen to him.

When you come down to it, OG still might have come out of this for the best, overall: if he'd further hurt his hand (his hands are his most valuable asset, remember), his career could have been over before the end of last year. Perhaps even the lesser money for next season will be well worth the price, just for the opportunity to have his wrist fixed and let it heal. There's a decent chance he could be a valuable NFL possesion receiver for a couple-few more years.

I mean, what if OG'd played and that shoulda-been-a-TD to Carter in the end zone in Minnesota was instead thrown to Gadsden... and the pass tore that whole hand off at the weakened wrist, like some vaguely familiar Simpsons' plot? Then where would he be?

-Jeff
www.jjewell.com

I suppose I'm a little late in joining in this thread, but I can't let it pass. The Dolphins did everything right in this situation including agreeing to redo a contract during the season based on blackmail from OG.

OG turned down a good contract and put himself above the team. That's not the kind of guy you want.

Does anyone honestly think that he would be good for the team as a third or fourth guy? I suspect he would be angry about the money and playing time and create a real problem and we would have to cut one of the good young recievers to make a spot for him on the roster.

Here's the bottom line:

OG is older, slower, injury prone and has an attitude.

Good Bye.

Oh, Jake91,

We treat each other with respect around here.

Back
Top Bottom