PFT: "Gadsden Teammate: Oronde Is A 'Dumbass'" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: "Gadsden Teammate: Oronde Is A 'Dumbass'"

I don't blame OG for hanging it up last season. Not at all. The OJ reference is very relevant and appropriate here. OG was just looking out for his future. Personally, I don't think he would have been very effective after Denver. And I would have been suprised if he'd have gone another month without going on IR anyway.

Where I fault him is in his not signing back in SEPTEMBER. That contract provided security and a bonus. And the Phins were offering it while he was hurt. He just had an inflated sense of monitary self-worth.

Re: Re: Re: IGNORANT!

Originally posted by JAKE91

WHO IS THE MORON NOW?

I'll tell you who, it's Oronde. He's the moron. His agent is looking out for himself. He is very close to spending a season not in the NFL if he keeps u[ this nonsense.

Muck,

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Steelers had a reciever with a similar injury who played the season out and did fine. Not sure who, but someone probably knows.

If he decided that he couldn't play, then I would have been fine. But, he decided that he could play if the Dolphins gave him enough money. That's just wrong, espcially since he was undercontract.

Just for the record, reg. HAND INJURIES...

Originally posted by PhinKev
Muck,

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Steelers had a reciever with a similar injury who played the season out and did fine. Not sure who, but someone probably knows.

If he decided that he couldn't play, then I would have been fine. But, he decided that he could play if the Dolphins gave him enough money. That's just wrong, espcially since he was undercontract.

FYI to all the doctors in the house:

If you break a bone in your hand, that's one thing. A broken bone is a broken bone. It gets set and then it heals in X amount of time and that's it, folks.

HOWEVER, the injury to OG last year was TORN LIGAMENTS (also tendon damage, too).

This, please understand, is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Torn ligaments begin to reset themselves and "heal" within 3-6 weeks of injury. Only, this all happens completely out of alignment. That's why surgery is a MUST. Otherwise, what happens is that the ligaments heal incorrectly, ie non-functional.

Now, to correct this you have to basically re-break/tear the ligaments. The details on exactly how this is done are just a little bit gross, so we'll skip it. Know this, your hands are NEVER the same.

So... with all that said. Perhaps we might all get off OG's back a little bit regarding his OPTING FOR THE SURGERY, ie NOT playing.

As for not taking the contract... that's another story. IMHO... dumb, dumb, DUUUUMB move... especially at his age then.

I wish him luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: IGNORANT!

SAY THAT TO HIS FACE, TOUGH GUY!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HE'S LOST YOUR RESPECT".WHO ARE YOU? HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED PRO FOOTBALL? EVER WORE A JOCK,TOUGH GUY?
YOU EXPECT HIM TO PLAY WITH A BROKEN HAND? A WR WITH A BROKEN HAND? LEARN ABOUT THE SPORT BEFORE YOU POST ANY MORE STUPID REMARKS.:fire:

Bring his a** here then fool. I'll say it to his face..

Originally posted by dolfan06
"can't we all just get along!"

That's what I keep trying to say , but everyone here still hates me....... I wonder why? I've never typed in CAPS. :huh:

Originally posted by justafan

That's what I keep trying to say , but everyone here still hates me....... I wonder why? I've never typed in CAPS. :huh:

Yeah man. Why do people hate you? You're no one bad. You're Just a fan.. :D

Originally posted by justafan

We don't hate you justafan.... we actually feel kinda sorry for ya... :D

Originally posted by WharfRat

We don't hate you justafan.... we actually feel kinda sorry for ya... :D

Please take your smack to the aprropriate forum :lol:

Re: IGNORANT!

SAY THAT TO HIS FACE, TOUGH GUY!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HE'S LOST YOUR RESPECT".WHO ARE YOU? HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED PRO FOOTBALL? EVER WORE A JOCK,TOUGH GUY?
YOU EXPECT HIM TO PLAY WITH A BROKEN HAND? A WR WITH A BROKEN HAND? LEARN ABOUT THE SPORT BEFORE YOU POST ANY MORE STUPID REMARKS.:fire:

GENIUS, MY POST WAS IN RESPONSE TO ICE STORM, POST #15. LEARN HOW TO NAVIGATE THE BOARD AND INTERPRET WHAT IS WRITTEN IN A QUOTED RESPONSE. WHO IS THE MORON NOW?
:tsk:
Jake91, we don't tolerate this type of outburst on the boards. Personal attacks and name calling violates TOS.
This is your first warning, the second offense will result in a one week ban, the third infraction, bans you permanently.

Please tone it down in here, we post with respect towards each other...
Also, typing in all caps, is percieved as yelling, please remember a certian amout of "nettiquette" when posting.

Thank You for your anticipated cooperation.

Jon

Originally posted by Muck
I don't blame OG for hanging it up last season. Not at all. The OJ reference is very relevant and appropriate here. OG was just looking out for his future. Personally, I don't think he would have been very effective after Denver. And I would have been suprised if he'd have gone another month without going on IR anyway.

Where I fault him is in his not signing back in SEPTEMBER. That contract provided security and a bonus. And the Phins were offering it while he was hurt. He just had an inflated sense of monitary self-worth.

Could'nt agree more Muck.

The Fins showed him much respect in offering him that contract without really knowing how his injury or any of his other minor but growing health problems would hinder him in the coming seasons.

If he took that offer, everything would be fine now but,
he left that offer on the table on the advice of a blithering idiot and now he's between a rock and a hard place.

I also think that OG's turning down the offer was a huge mistake...But I also think that him even hinting that he would play through the pain as long as he had a contract was also a mistake. If u can play u should play, if ur in need of surgery u should have surgery. Maybe thats too black and white, but to say i can definately play if i get the contract I want, opposed to if i dont I have to go for surgery seems wrong to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: IGNORANT!

Originally posted by MarinoFan
His agent is looking out for himself.

:lol: :lol:

Now there is a novel idea....an agent, selfish, surely not.

I can understand the Phins taking this "don't burn your bridges" PC kind of approach, but I would rather that they just finish the foolishness either way.

The problem IMHO is one of loyalty. Oronde has shown more loyalty to his agent, than to the Phins despite the obvious incompetence of the former. The only conclusion that I can draw, is that Oronde is good friends with his agent, or some sort of family connection exists. Either that, or Oronde feels that he "owes" him for some previous deal (or diving into the street to save his baby from a speeding truck).

Oronde can't possibly be stupid enough to not see that he is being driven into premature retirement by this bumbling fool. Lets just move on.

Back
Top Bottom