PFT: Traylor Close, Chester Could Retire | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Traylor Close, Chester Could Retire

PFT said:
The Dolphins have signed three street free agents, including S Atari Bigby. (Who's next? Nintendo Jones? Xbox Simpson?)

That was about as funny as a sack of dead babies.

Nublar7 said:
I don't believe the Chester news. I read earlier this offseason that his injury has healing good and that he should be back. Tim Bowens on the other hand I could see retiring.

I think we have another misprint from PFT. I believe they meant Tim Bowens.

They screwed up another Dolphins report a couple of days ago. They linked a Miami article that said the 49ers were lukewarm to signing David Boston. PFT reported (from the same article) that the Dolphins were lukewarm to signing David Boston. :shakeno:

Yah and they keep claiming that J.T. is gone by next season. Email em about that one. Add it to the list of how often they are wrong. Which is about 99% of the time and then they parade around about the 1% that actually stuck.

Dolfan1000 said:
I dont believe the part about Chester retiring, but I like that Traylor seems close.

So yes, basically I believe the part I like. :)
I was going to say... but you said it yourself. :D

Pft

I agree PFT is a garbage paper. Someone had mentioned there is no need to panic about the DT position because Carter woud play more DT and I couldn't agree more. Carter was a GREAT Pickup!

Lets not forget about the 6'5 300 LB Vonnie Holliday who I know will make nice contributions to this team. I always liked Holliday and he might not be able to carry a D line, after his stint in KC but if you surround him with talent? He is gonna be a GOOD player, watch and see!

How about this for the 3-4? Holliday Traylor Carter how does that look to everyone? Holliday and Carter both 6'5 300 lbs, who have played both DT and DE and we all know Traylor even at age 34 is a MONSTER clogging the HOLE.

Taylor and Roth at OLB rushing the passer? How about that? Look I really like this defense and the direction it is heading in.

Not that I believe everthing I read on PFT but IF both Timbo and Chester are iffy with their injuries this might explain Saban's logic in signing all the defensive linemen.

Thanks Muck. I don't think anyone's too surprised about the Traylor news. Everything I've read is that we're the only team really trying to sign him. I'm fairly sure PFT was talking about Bowens, not Chester, since we've got lots of stories that Bowens' rehab is going poorly. Then again, Chester's a 360 pound guy who tore his ACL. That type of recovery tends to be on the long side.

Well, this is the first time most of us have heard that Chester's rehab is not going well and may force him to retire...and the source is PFT, who has been found to be notoriously wrong numerous times in the past, not just with the Fins, but throughout the league...So lets not panic too much...besides, if Trayler is signed, then that will take some pressure off Chester to be the main guy in the middle. Bowens, by most accounts, is really the iffy factor for recovery...

Back
Top Bottom