PFT: Traylor Close, Chester Could Retire | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Traylor Close, Chester Could Retire

Bowens will retire before Chester will but it will take Chester untill the 2006 season to be %100

They had to mean T.Bowens. At that I am sure they then mistook bad knees for a bad back!?

Drfletcherdc said:
I like the idea of Chester, Bowens and Traylor. I don't like the idea of Chester retiring. I don't see it happening.

I know its off subject but who is Kirk Russell ? do you mean Kurt Russell ?

Chester retiring.......say it aint so.

....Im still waiting for TimBo to retire. Im suprised PFT of all sources forgot to throw in TimBo retiring also.

ZOD said:
I think we have another misprint from PFT. I believe they meant Tim Bowens.

They screwed up another Dolphins report a couple of days ago. They linked a Miami article that said the 49ers were lukewarm to signing David Boston. PFT reported (from the same article) that the Dolphins were lukewarm to signing David Boston. :shakeno:
You are probably correct. Makes more sense to say Bowens then Chester.

Nublar7 said:
You are probably correct. Makes more sense to say Bowens then Chester.
I totally agree..Bowens is the one who might retire.

Bowens, chester it doesn't really matter. Is traylor even solid enoughto take a position. From all i hear he's had quite a lot of work done and seems to me to be one hit short of career ending hit (all players are but especially injury prone ones)

Generally, people need to get use to the idea of what exactly a rumor mill is. You don't treat PFT information like you would ESPN or some accredited news source. But, you don't disregard it either.

Think of it this way. They have a whole big crap load of sources, mostly individual and anonymous scouts and front office underlings, and low-level agents. Their sources do not include GMs, or pretty much anyone whose name you would recognize. PFT isn't just making stuff up to see what comes true. They actually hear all of this stuff from their pool of sources. But, the caveat is, about half the time, the piece of information that travels through the wires to PFT's site, is either biased by the source itself to the point where you can't believe it (e.g. reports from scouts that David Pollack is an arrogant piece of trash that is too undersized to play in the NFL and he's falling on most draft boards), or has been specifically PLANTED by the source (or the source's boss) for reasons that are not immediately transparent, or the source makes the mistake of reporting a mere possibility that is being batted around the brain trust of the organization (e.g. such and such team may draft X player) but instead of reporting it as a possibility they report it as fact.

The other possibility is that the folks at PFT catch wind of something and their own editor Mike Florio colors it so much with his own stinking bias that you get disgusted reading it and wish you hadn't read it.

But the smart reader can pick out these likely scenarios.

What I can't stand is when someone gets on a soap box about a PFT article that is obviously just plain EDITORIAL (e.g. calling Saban the nicktator and labeling him an obsessive/compulsive control freak etc.) and they start harping on the website as if it is reporting this as gospel, as if God called them up and told them Nick Saban is an obsessive/compulsive control freak and so they reported it to us peons. That's not what they are doing. They are reporting stuff they hear from their pool of imperfect, albeit often very informative, sources and they are coloring it with their own attitude, bias, and opinion.

Not enough people treat it for what it is.

Keith Traylor likely to sign with Miami? It's very plausible, so yeah, I read that and I think they probably nailed that one. And months down the road when someone complains about PFT and how wrong they are, they'll probably forget all about how they reported Traylor would sign with Miami weeks before his signing. Think about it, if they were just tossing things on the wall to see if they stick, why wouldn't they report that Traylor will sign with one of the other teams that are interested in him?

Larry Chester about to retire due to lingering knee problems? I doubt their soucre has it right on that one. How is this different? Well, for one, Chester is a member of the Miami Dolphins, while Traylor is a free agent. That means, in order for one of these insiders to know about Chester's knee situation, he would have to be a member of the Dolphins front office or personnel, or he would somehow have to have miraculously broken through Saban's Iron Curtain on information flow. Meanwhile, to know about Traylor's situation, all the source would have to be is someone either close to Traylor, close to his agent, or some underling of some other front office that has talked to, or is talking to Keith Traylor. There's nothing regulating information out there on Keith Traylor or where he will sign next. Anyone could know it. So, it is plausible that one of their moles caught wind that Traylor has all but decided on Miami. Still, as obviously plausible as the info is, we wouldn't have known this unless PFT told us about it.

Timbo might retire too. THat wont be cool if they both aren't able to play anymore. Yikes..that's a little scary.

Back
Top Bottom