PFW: Dolphins should have axed Wannstedt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW: Dolphins should have axed Wannstedt

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Talent? Weak QB and ragged OL with only 1 good receiver? Sure TE and RB are good but Ricky can't run through walls carrying the ball 400 times. So, with all this talent we were made to look so inept multiple times? All this talent and our offense is ranked like 26th? All that talent on defense and they can't keep the Eagles from scoring 30+ points, or even the Bills from making it close last week or keeping the Texans from scoring 20+?

We have SOME talent, but not nearly enough on offense to really do anything more then what Dave has allowed the to do. He's made mistakes, sucks with personnel but has at least had us in it during all his years we just fell short. A few new coaches and a GM should get us the pieces to get there.

The year Baltimore won the Superbowl they went 3 consecutive games without scoring a touchdown and won 2 of them.

That defense was a whole lot better than ours.

Originally posted by Section126
when you call a 41-23 record "absolute ineptitude" you make yourself to be a MORON.

How about one playoff victory in four years? Is that "inept" enough for you?

The Real Story of Baltimore's 5 Consecutive Games Without a TD!

Originally posted by Unconquered

The year Baltimore won the Superbowl they went 3 consecutive games without scoring a touchdown and won 2 of them.

That year 2000 Baltimore went 12-4 with a Defense that gave only 165 points in the season (including 4 shutouts), an an Offense that scored 333 points (ranked # 14 in scoring). Our's scored only 311 this year so sorry we missed scoring more points than them.

That was one of the most dominating defenses in the last 20 years, that I can recall.

They went 5 straight games without a TD, beat 2 teams with a combined 10-21 record (<.500 %).

16-0 against Clev (record for year was 3-13).
15-0 against JAx (record for the year was 7-9).

Then went and lost 3 consecutive games against teams with a combined record of 30-18 (.500% or > teams).

3-10 against Was (record for the year was 8-8).
6-14 against Tenn (record for the year was 13-3).
6-9 against Pitt (record for the year was 9-7).

So again their defense did not help them when they did not score TD against +.500 opponents in those losses.

Situation resembles our team against +.500 opponents over the last few years. Great D does not always help out unless your O can give you TDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Real Story of Baltimore's 5 Consecutive Games Without a TD!

Originally posted by Disnardo

That year 2000 Baltimore went 12-4 with a Defense that gave only 165 points in the season (including 4 shutouts), an an Offense that scored 333 points (ranked # 14 in scoring).

That was one of the most dominating defenses in the last 20 years, that I can recall.

They went 5 straight games without a TD, beat 2 teams with a combined 10-21 record (&lt;.500 %).

16-0 against Clev (record for year was 3-13).
15-0 against JAx (record for the year was 7-9).

Then went and lost 3 consecutive games against teams with a combined record of 30-18 (.500% or &gt; teams).

3-10 against Was (record for the year was 8-8).
14-6 against Tenn (record for the year was 13-3).
9-6 against Pitt (record for the year was 9-7).

So again their defense did not help them when they did not score TD against +.500 opponents in those losses.

Situation resembles our team against +.500 opponents over the last few years. Great D does not always help out unless your O can give you TDs.
Geez, you and yer facts...I had made a perfectly good point with no basis or real information and u had to go ruin it with stats. Thanks man!! :)

Re: Re: The Real Story of Baltimore's 5 Consecutive Games Without a TD!

Originally posted by Unconquered

Geez, you and yer facts...I had made a perfectly good point with no basis or real information and u had to go ruin it with stats. Thanks man!! :)

I apologize. :cry:

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Re: Re: Re: The Real Story of Baltimore's 5 Consecutive Games Without a TD!

Originally posted by Disnardo

I apologize. :cry:

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Its ok. I'll let it slide this time...just dont let it happen again! :lol:

That was the Dan Marino was honoured and his statue was revealed.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Miami/Features/2003/fedotin123003.htm

What are they thinking?
Dolphins should have axed Wannstedt

Not that I was totally sold on giving Wannstedt a contract extension but (as others have questioned) WHO do these so-called experts think would viable option ?

I mean if a new coach is installed he is going to build the team to reflect his personality... Which means new coaching staff, and roster purging..

And that could also bring up problems in that maybe the players that the new coach decides (or just cannot afford to release) to keep just do not buy into his system ...

:rolleyes:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom