PFW's review of 04 draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW's review of 04 draft

Denverfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
On the Dolphins:

First-round pick OL Vernon Carey was a bust as a rookie, failing to dress for a handful of games and struggling at guard when he did play. The Dolphins are talking about trying him at left tackle in ’05.
CB Will Poole (fourth round) showed potential and could make veteran Patrick Surtain expendable in the final year of his contract.
Fifth-rounder Tony Bua was a special-teams demon, and LB Derrick Pope (seventh) started late in the season after Zach Thomas was injured. OG Rex Hadnot (sixth) showed potential and should add depth in ’05

Sorry, Denver...didn't read the whole post...

my opinions...

Carey - very few Olinemen contribute in their first year. When Vernon played he played well.

Poole - steal. Gna be a starter sooner rather than later.

Bua - special teams demon. Will never start on D, and should never. Overrated by finfans.

Hadnot - steal. The guy is going to start for us. If not he adds depth at G and C.

Pope - I thought he performed alright when he replaced last year. Like I Bua, I feel he is overrated by finfans.

Pape - nice pick in the 7th. He might amount to something, perhaps a bcakup swing tackle.

LarryFinFan said:
And your point is ??

Why does soeone have to delegitimize every new thread as soon as its posted? :yell: :rolleyes: What exactly do you want to talk about in the offseason? If you dont have anything relevant to say, dont say anything.

I swear this place isnt as friendly and as it used to be. :(

LarryFinFan said:
Sorry, Denver...didn't read the whole post...

Sorry Larry, didnt read the whole thread :lol: :embarrassed:

(It still true though)

Bua - special teams demon. Will never start on D, and should never. Overrated by finfans.
Pope - I thought he performed alright when he replaced last year. Like I Bua, I feel he is overrated by finfans.

bua is ganna be a great st player (already is)
and pope played great as well when he replaced zach, especially for a rookie MLB

i see no credibility in their summation after calling a rookie lineman a bust after his first season...

dlphns8405 said:
bua is ganna be a great st player (already is)
and pope played great as well when he replaced zach, especially for a rookie MLB
i mentioned that bua is a great ST player.

and Pope played alright, yes he was rookie and kinda did well, but it was far from great.

dlphns8405 said:
the draft wasnt as bad as people make it out to be

Oh yes it was a horrendous draft. Just cause they got a few DECENT picks in the LATE rounds doesn't make it any better of a draft. We could have had Vernon Carey who stunk up the joint as a rookie without giving up our 4th round pick to ANYBODY. Our 2nd round pick would have served us WAAAY Better if we'd used it in the draft instead of on AJ FEELEY. Please...The draft, along with the trades, was a disgusting thing. They gotta get 1 or 2 picks right.

Denverfinfan said:
On the Dolphins:

First-round pick OL Vernon Carey was a bust as a rookie, failing to dress for a handful of games and struggling at guard when he did play.

Shows how much they know. He never played guard! And he did not struggle at RT when St Clair couldn't play. He played real well against both NE and Buffalo and was NOT credited with giving up a sack or being called for a penalty.

Oh yes it was a horrendous draft. Just cause they got a few DECENT picks in the LATE rounds doesn't make it any better of a draft. We could have had Vernon Carey who stunk up the joint as a rookie without giving up our 4th round pick to ANYBODY. Our 2nd round pick would have served us WAAAY Better if we'd used it in the draft instead of on AJ FEELEY. Please...The draft, along with the trades, was a disgusting thing. They gotta get 1 or 2 picks right.
1st - nobody can say carey was a bust yet
2nd - if you can get eventual starter in the late rounds, then why is that bad.(pope, hadnot, bua-at ST)
yes the trades were bad but the actual picks were not

dlphns8405 said:
1st - nobody can say carey was a bust yet
2nd - if you can get eventual starter in the late rounds, then why is that bad.(pope, hadnot, bua-at ST)
yes the trades were bad but the actual picks were not
STs is not a starter. and Pope is not an eventual starter.

STs is not a starter. and Pope is not an eventual starter.
yes you can start on st, if you're the teams best ST player than you're a starter
and yes pope will be zachs eventual replacement, he was a rookie last year and for a rookie did an awsome job, forcing fumbles, posting 10+ tackles in games and even scoring a TD.

Back
Top Bottom