Phans in Neutral This Preseason? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phans in Neutral This Preseason?

More or Less Excited for This Year's Team?

• More excited?

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • Less Excited?

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • The Same?

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
I've got much higher hopes this year than last year.And i think the majority here feels the same.

I was much more excited last year. I still had a little faith in the coaching staff, and this year I don't. Philbin is in the same situation Ireland was in two years ago. He was kept on a year too long. Our OL is in worse shape, our LBs are a wreck and we have a tougher schedule. I was much more hopeful last year and thought we had a great shot at 9 wins. This year I think 7 wins is about as high as we could realistically expect.

Excited...sort of....Lbers stink like OLine did last season. Got to hope the two rookies in that group (McCain and Tripp) stand out. Feel good about RT and offense at this point although I thought against Tampa they were lackluster. Hoping that against Dallas they can put up some points since they'll be shut down vs Rams (starters wont play much if at all).

I've got much higher hopes this year than last year.And i think the majority here feels the same.

Kinda strange that the poll has 1.000 views but, only 60 Phans taking 2 seconds to give an opinion. Guess the forum's "silent majority" is REALLY silent. :)

Why do you think that is?

Kinda strange that the poll has 1.000 views but, only 60 Phans taking 2 seconds to give an opinion. Guess the forum's "silent majority" is REALLY silent. :)

Why do you think that is?

It says below 177 people have viewed this thread. Of the 1000 views, 700 probably came from you :lol:

It says below 177 people have viewed this thread. Of the 1000 views, 700 probably came from you :lol:

Good one. To be fair, I also try to read some of your posts as well for a little balance. :)

I voted more excited. I am going to make my season prediction after watching the dress rehearsal, and I'm thinking 7-9 or 9-7, but on the whole I definitely feel as if our team got better this offseason in ways that actually matter.

- Our tackle play last year was ABYSMAL. We went out and got two good pass blocking tackles.
- Our depth at wide receiver suffered as Rishard Matthews really wasn't ready for primetime. I'm much more confident about Matthews being able to take that next step this season, and Jarvis Landry will be able to step in and produce if Gibson or Hartline get hurt again.
- Mike Pettine left the AFC East.
- So did Mike Sherman.
- Ryan Tannehill is very good at executing the hurry-up offense, and Mike Wallace is good when he's set up to get open in space. Our new offensive coordinator looks like he is going to scheme for more of those situations.

HOWEVER, I am a believer that schedule matters. And I look at our schedule and see: New England x2 (and I think they will have their best team since 2007), a Buffalo team Philbin is 1-3 against, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Teddy Bridgewater probably starting against us in his homecoming game.

So even though I think we might have a better team this year -- I really do -- I'm not sure we're so much better that we're going to win 10-11 games against a schedule like that.

I was more excited on our additions last year, and disappointed by play or injury by everyone but Grimes. Add in the HUGE let down in the last 2 games, which has carried over some. However, I still look back at 8-8 in spite of the horrible OL, LB's, etc, etc.

This year, I believe we are better. I'm still hoping for my expectations from last year in addition of OT's, Lazor, and Landry but, do not yet feel the same excitement of last year. So, I'm less excited I guess.

Back
Top Bottom