Phil Jackson To Decide Soon On LA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phil Jackson To Decide Soon On LA

phunwin said:
You've got a higher opinion of Odom than anyone else in the league, then. A year playing with Kid Kobe has damaged his stock. Right now, I doubt the Lakers could trade him for a top 20 player, let alone a superstar AND a high draft pick.

There was talk of a trade Odom to Boston for Paul Pierce. A few other players and picks involved to make everything even. But those were the main players in the deal.

:confused2 I can't understand how playing with Kobe can lower a players stock.It seems your dislike of Kobe has clouded your jugdement counselor.:mad:

phunwin said:
You've got a higher opinion of Odom than anyone else in the league, then. A year playing with Kid Kobe has damaged his stock. Right now, I doubt the Lakers could trade him for a top 20 player, let alone a superstar AND a high draft pick.

PHINATIC13 said:
:confused2 I can't understand how playing with Kobe can lower a players stock.It seems your dislike of Kobe has clouded your jugdement counselor.:mad:

Odom 03-04 with Miami - 17.1 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 4.1 apg (80 games), went to 2nd round of playoffs and pushed Indiana to 6 games.
Odom 04-05 with LA - 15.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.7 apg (64 games), missed playoffs.

Which player would you rather have?

Odom's probably the same player now that he was before, though missing a big chunk of the season doesn't help his trade value. So either playing with Dwyane Wade inflated Odom's stock (entirely possible), or Kobe decreased it. Either way, in both situations, Odom was the #2 option on a team that also featured Caron Butler and not a heck of a lot else. Either way, his value is less now than it was at this time last year.

Put it another way: who would you rather have as a teammate, Wade or Bryant? If you said Bryant, please schedule a psychiatric evaluation immediately. Wade makes the guys around him better. Bryant does not. That's not necessarily a knock on Bryant: he's a phenomenal basketball player. But he doesn't make his teammates better. As People's Exhibit 1, we present the 2004 NBA Finals. That can be overcome with time and experience; Michael Jordan didn't make his teammates better for a long time.

MikeO said:
There was talk of a trade Odom to Boston for Paul Pierce. A few other players and picks involved to make everything even. But those were the main players in the deal.

Paul Pierce and Kobe Bryant on the same team? I hope Caron Butler doesn't mind taking about 3 shots per game.

Actually, a team built around Pierce and Bryant could be very dangerous if they:
1. got a pass-first, pass-second point guard.
2. got a pair of belligerent, defense-first, defense-second guys at the 4 and 5. Preferably ones who could pass and rebound.

Phil I used to watch Lamar play when he was with the Clippers the man can play.With the Cluster f**k that was the 2004-05 season for the Lakers I think Kobe and Lamar can be a nice duo in the league .I also believe that it might have alot to do with Phil(Jackson coming back I think he will).Did you see how well Odom played when Kobe was injured?
phunwin said:
Odom 03-04 with Miami - 17.1 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 4.1 apg (80 games), went to 2nd round of playoffs and pushed Indiana to 6 games.
Odom 04-05 with LA - 15.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.7 apg (64 games), missed playoffs.

Which player would you rather have?

Odom's probably the same player now that he was before, though missing a big chunk of the season doesn't help his trade value. So either playing with Dwyane Wade inflated Odom's stock (entirely possible), or Kobe decreased it. Either way, in both situations, Odom was the #2 option on a team that also featured Caron Butler and not a heck of a lot else. Either way, his value is less now than it was at this time last year.

Put it another way: who would you rather have as a teammate, Wade or Bryant? If you said Bryant, please schedule a psychiatric evaluation immediately. Wade makes the guys around him better. Bryant does not. That's not necessarily a knock on Bryant: he's a phenomenal basketball player. But he doesn't make his teammates better. As People's Exhibit 1, we present the 2004 NBA Finals. That can be overcome with time and experience; Michael Jordan didn't make his teammates better for a long time.

PHINATIC13 said:
Phil I used to watch Lamar play when he was with the Clippers the man can play.With the Cluster f**k that was the 2004-05 season for the Lakers I think Kobe and Lamar can be a nice duo in the league .I also believe that it might have alot to do with Phil(Jackson coming back I think he will).Did you see how well Odom played when Kobe was injured?

Wait a minute, at what point did I saw that Odom wasn't any good? He's an excellent player, but my point was that his stock decreased after last season, in part because of Kobe. And you've effectively proven my point with your last sentence.

Sorry my bad, I get alittle defensive about my Lakers.(especially on this site:Dgo figure) It was a tuff season to watch.:cry:

phunwin said:
Wait a minute, at what point did I saw that Odom wasn't any good? He's an excellent player, but my point was that his stock decreased after last season, in part because of Kobe. And you've effectively proven my point with your last sentence.

PHINATIC13 said:
Sorry my bad, I get alittle defensive about my Lakers.(especially on this site:Dgo figure) It was a tuff season to watch.:cry:

NP. They'll be back. They always are.

But man, Lakers AND Dolphins? Rough season for you, bro. At least I had my Pistons to fall back on.

phunwin said:

But man, Lakers AND Dolphins? Rough season for you, bro. At least I had my Pistons to fall back on.

Thats nothing, try Magic and Dolphins. :cry:

phunwin said:

:lol: Yep, I had my Heels to fall back on. It helped ease the pain. My 76ers and Grizzlies didn't though. :(

Back
Top Bottom