Philip Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philip Rivers

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So far so good. His lack of arm strength showed up a few times today.

SMadison29 said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So far so good. His lack of arm strength showed up a few times today.
Hell, Eli Manning!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah because having the Eagles 3rd stringer is such a bigger improvement

That's what everyone used to say about Delhomme, Hasselbeck, Brooks, Warner, Brady...

People just need a chance.

i think you guys are crazy this rivers kid is going to be great.....he's been in since monday and chargers decided to throw him in the mix for fun.....i'd take rivers over any QB we got..thats for sure.....this guy is smart and a play maker.....and many so called experts compare this guy to marino coming out of college ...very accurate , funky but quick and decisive delivery.....every rookie quarterback is going to make mistakes...hell the dam veterans do so stop hating on a kid thats been in camp for 5 days and is thrown into lions pit....as far as arm strength this guy has plenty..he can make all the throws...

Lights_Out said:
i think you guys are crazy this rivers kid is going to be great.....he's been in since monday and chargers decided to throw him in the mix for fun.....i'd take rivers over any QB we got..thats for sure.....this guy is smart and a play maker.....and many so called experts compare this guy to marino coming out of college ...very accurate , funky but quick and decisive delivery.....every rookie quarterback is going to make mistakes...hell the dam veterans do so stop hating on a kid thats been in camp for 5 days and is thrown into lions pit....as far as arm strength this guy has plenty..he can make all the throws...

That's just it. He should of been in camp since day one.

Dan Marino he isn't.

of course hes not dan the man but out of college they have many similarities....rivers probably graded out better...alls i'm saying is i wish we had him because he going to be great

Give Rivers a chance. The kid has been in camp for what, a week? He has a lot of things to overcome to be great (most notably, being drafted by the Chargers) and if he turns out to be something great, it will be because he is a talent, not because of the organization helped make him what he is.

Lights_Out said:

I see you missed the game the other day. He can't make all the throws. He doesn't have the arm & it showed. NOBODY compared him to Marino, he simply doesn't have the arm. The only thing that they compared was his quick release, which would be a little quicker if he had the ball in the right position when he drops back. He still holds the ball too low.

Philip River is gonna have to respond a lot faster. He can not read the "d" as well as Eli Manning.

Proved once again tonight that he's an absolute joke. Dink & dunk passes all night save for that one 20+ yard pass he under threw & was picked off. Add a sack & an intentional grounding & all in all it was another bright game for Rivers :D

dolfan87 said:
That's just it. He should of been in camp since day one.

Dan Marino he isn't.

He WOULD have been had SD offered him a FAIR contract. The contract they laid out was ABSURD with about 20 mil contingent on going to the pro-bowl and winning the SB EACH of his first 4 years! It was a bogus contract and NO self respecting athlete would play under it.

And it was his first game, in the NFL and he STILL connected 13/16 times buddy.

Phinzone said:
He WOULD have been had SD offered him a FAIR contract. The contract they laid out was ABSURD with about 20 mil contingent on going to the pro-bowl and winning the SB EACH of his first 4 years! It was a bogus contract and NO self respecting athlete would play under it.

I do agree that the contract he was offered was a joke but Rivers wanting to be paid as the #1 pick is more of a joke.

And it was his first game, in the NFL and he STILL connected 13/16 times buddy.

Actually he went 5 of 14 in his first game with 2 ints. In his second game he went 13 of 16 but then again most of his completions were under 5 yards, a lovely 6.5yds per completion.

Back
Top Bottom