Philip Rivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philip Rivers

Pssssssssssssssst................many probowl QB's play the Dink and Dunk game.....gannon....brady....garcia......and yes they did compare him to marino...marino was believed to have different throwing motion and had quick release....same as rivers...by no means am i comparing this kid to the legend of Dan the Man...but experts around draft time were all over this kid...at combine his arm strength was good at senoir bowl or whatever it was called he killed including droping bombs on folks....this kid will take his lumps like all young QB's do......carr..harrington..leftwich...vick...culpepper...and the list goes on.....really only time will tell and until he gets....we wont see the full magnitude of his abilities

Favre and manning always set up the dink and dunk before they pull out the long passes. Playing a limited number of posessions in a pre season game is NOT a good guage of how the gameplan will pan out. He's not Brandsahw but he's got more than enough zip on the ball to be a great QB . Pennington has an arm comprable to Rivers, maybe a little less zip on the ball. It's about making good decisions and being accurate. He'll continue to grow as a player if people would give the kid TIME. 2 pre-season games and we're "seeing the glaring weaknesses"

Come back in 3 years for your large dose of crow.

Nobody compared him to Marino. The only aspect of his game that was compared was the quick release. His arm strength was questioned at the combine, some thought it was good enough others didn't(Marino was one that thought it was good enough).

Come back in 3 years for your large dose of crow.

I'll be here saying "I told ya so" every week.

Back
Top Bottom