Phillip Rivers might not be available? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers might not be available?

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With the way phillip rivers played today he might not be available to us at the #20 pick.

But i hope im wrong, because i would love to see phillip rivers in a dolphin uniform throwing touchdown strikes to chris chambers next year.
Plus, if we can draft rivers we wont have to spend big money on a veteran free agent quaterback.

Yes he will check the needs of those before us. We will have Phillip Rivers at 20 if we want him.

I dont know these are the teams i see that might decide to take rivers if he is available.

1.Arizona-They need a franchise QB and Big ben or Eli might not be available at pick #3.
2.pittsburgh-Tommy madox is getting old and he didnt exaclty have a great season last year.
3.tampa bay-If they do cut brad johnson they will need a good Qb to compete with chris simms.

them are the teams that i see have chances of taking rivers.

At pick 3 no way. They will take Winslow or Larry or Gallery.

11 is too high for Pitts. From what I have heard it's either Henson or Rothy and nothing else QB wise.

A 1st rounder that they have not had for two years to spend on a QB?
Gruden is high on Simms and he is their future. They need a WR, OL, lots of stuff.

i say we draft rivers, restructure Griese's contract, and have Griese start (like what the Bengals did with formerly mediocre Kitna and Palmer). Brian can teach Rivers on a quick release (which Fiedler picked up a little bit and played better for a while).

Add 2 more teams: Dallas and Buffalo

Quincy Carter and Drew Bledsoe didnt have good years so they may be looking to upgrade

Rivers release is at its peak already. His only problem is the right footwork and accuracy on the deep ball.

Originally posted by dolfan34
I dont know these are the teams i see that might decide to take rivers if he is available.

1.Arizona-They need a franchise QB and Big ben or Eli might not be available at pick #3.
2.pittsburgh-Tommy madox is getting old and he didnt exaclty have a great season last year.
3.tampa bay-If they do cut brad johnson they will need a good Qb to compete with chris simms.

them are the teams that i see have chances of taking rivers.

Rivers has as good of a chance of being a top 11 pick as Brock Berlin does in the future!

Gruden loves Chris Simms. In the article about keeping Brad Johnson, he mentioned how he will work with Simms again this year, and how excited he is about his future.

Parcells doesn't want another unexperience guy. Buffalo ehh, I don't think so. Pick 13 is too high for Rivers at this point.

Steelers are rumored to like Big Ben but may not be able to trade up to get him.....plus they need a stud RB so may go that way instead and draft a QB later.

Gruden loves Chris Simms so no way they draft another QB.

I worry more about Buffalo, Green Bay and Dallas........GB and Dallas may try to move ahead of Miami to draft Rivers.

Originally posted by Jaj
Rivers release is at its peak already. His only problem is the right footwork and accuracy on the deep ball.

Then we'll have Rivers learn the deep ball from Marino and have Griese as placeholder starter a la Kitna.

If any of those teams want Rivers, they will trade down.

TB needs WR's BADLY! Pitt needs RB's badly! But consdiering the way Rivers played and HAS played for 4 years I dont doubt someone at least thinks about the guy before our pick.

From Marino. Marino is not getting on the field. If he learns from anyone it's Mark Trestman.

Originally posted by Jaj
Parcells doesn't want another unexperience guy. Buffalo ehh, I don't think so. Pick 13 is too high for Rivers at this point.

Yes it is but who would have guessed they would draft McGahee in the 1st round when they already had Travis Henry.

Back
Top Bottom