Phillip Rivers might not be available? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers might not be available?

I see your point, but I think Drew takes a paycut and they try to fix that OL.

Don't read to much into today's game as far as overall stock improvemnts. Most important assessments are done during the week, not in a meaningless slightly more physical version of touch football. How can you grade a QB thats not even gonna get blitzed one time.

From most reports, Rivers did more to hurt his stock during the week, then he did to help it in the game.

I looked at Bledsoes numbers from a year ago and they were good...this year he was down b/c of an awful oline up there....so i think its us vs Dallas unless GB tries to trade up

I am steal high on getting Mike Clayton at 20. Wow how happy I would be.

Thinking to the future, Dallas is said to be looking to sign a veteran QB like Brunell so if that happens its just us vs uhhh us

IMO Rivers will be available in the top of the 2nd where we conviently traded down to. If we really want him.

BB

ChamberOwns84, I am asking a favor from you.......please remove that Avatar of Wang Low....It bothers me for some reason........I am serious.....I look at it, and I get chills.......My dog is afraid of it....and it makes my daughter cry.............Please get rid of it!!!!

It is disturbing.

I think Rivers will be there. There are a lot of players that are better than him in this draft. I actually don't think he's a top 20, over all. There are 20 players better, but I think we'll take him as a need thing, not best available.

Alot of you might not like Phillip Rivers. And yes it was true this was just one game and he didnt even get blitzed but still you have to like the way he played today. i remember people saying he couldnt throw the deep ball, well i seen at least twice he threw the ball thirty or more yards and completed it. and if he does have something he needs to work on im pretty sure trestman or marino will help him.

And also lets not forget, we drafted marino in the late 20's and look how he turned out, hes arguably one the best quaterbacks in nfl history.

So i like phillip rivers and if he is available at pick 20 i think we should definetly take him.

What about the saints? Maybe they will finally realize that Aaron Brooks sucks...(maybe I'm just being biased because of some remarks he made about Feilder back when I was a Feidler supporter)

But seriously... i'm a little worried about the bills because they mentioned something about getting a future QB, and obviously their not afraid to reach (willis mcgahee). But hopefully they're thinking 2nd or 3rd round.

On the bright side, if Rivers is gone before 20, Losman will probably still be available. He's better on a lot of people's lists....

Originally posted by Regan21286
i say we draft rivers, restructure Griese's contract, and have Griese start (like what the Bengals did with formerly mediocre Kitna and Palmer). Brian can teach Rivers on a quick release (which Fiedler picked up a little bit and played better for a while).

What is up with your obsession with Griese? He did NOTHING when he played and there is no way he will be here next year.

Originally posted by Section126
ChamberOwns84, I am asking a favor from you.......please remove that Avatar of Wang Low....It bothers me for some reason........I am serious.....I look at it, and I get chills.......My dog is afraid of it....and it makes my daughter cry.............Please get rid of it!!!!

It is disturbing.

I don't like yours either, the flag is too original. It bothers me!

Philip Rivers has great pocket presence and although he's not fleet of foot; his footwork in the pocket is very good. His vision is uncanny; seems as though he has eyes in the back of his head. He had 3 QB coaches in college and they all taught him a little something; Norm Chow, Mike Canales and Curt Cignetti.

Salisbury and the crew said they were pleased with his footwork.

I also dont think that he needs to be taught to much on the quick release I guess a few tips would'nt hurt. I am nerveous that he might not be availale whe it is time for us to pick.

Want to say that I hope nobdy gets offended on what I say they are just opinions. This qb is high in the sky and some people want to kick him down no matter how good he does.:patriot:

Back
Top Bottom