Phillip Rivers Retires..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers Retires.....

sad part about knocking him. I know its a different era in passing...but look who he's just ahead of in top passing categories
If you dont know marino's stats almost to heart, and you compare the two, you are taking phillips career over marinos
I said I wish him the best. Was just never a big fan. Wasn't not a big fan either. Just kinda meh on the guy.

I’ve always like Philip Rivers even back in his NC St days. The weird side arm throwing motion always amazed me that he made it work in the NFL at the highest level.

One of if not the best trash talking QBs of all time and he never cursed while doing it lol. He played with super intensity and aggression and I love that from a QB. I hate that he never got a Super Bowl but his numbers are most definitely HOF worthy.

Maybe the toughest QB to ever play the game. He tore his ACL in that 2nd round divisional playoff game at Indianapolis but stayed in the game and actually won the game for SD. LaDainian Tomlinson also tore his knee up in that game I believe but the next week in the AFC Championship Game at NE Philip Rivers played the entire game on one leg while LT sat on the sideline with a hood over his head. I get the whole tailback vs QB argument and playing on one leg is a lot harder for a tailback but l’ve always felt PR showed tremendous heart and grit for playing the entire game and giving it his all. San Diego came up short but I’ve always felt it was an all time toughness performance by a QB. If nothing else I never doubted PR wanted to win and do it at all costs so he’ll always have the ultimate respect from me.

I kind of hated him BECAUSE of college. I went to ECU and one of the teams we hated most was State. my best friend and later roommate wound up going to state (i was accepted there but g/f said you're going to ecu with me, then broke up with me after i ignored acceptance letters to all my other colleges). so hell if i would've went to school with best friend instead of G/F i'd prob be dick riding Pip and Russ hard

I kind of hated him BECAUSE of college. I went to ECU and one of the teams we hated most was State. my best friend and later roommate wound up going to state (i was accepted there but g/f said you're going to ecu with me, then broke up with me after i ignored acceptance letters to all my other colleges). so hell if i would've went to school with best friend instead of G/F i'd prob be dick riding Pip and Russ hard
Lol great story! I’m a big big big Clemson fan and he tortured us too. We host NC St in a Thursday night game when he was there and they came in the Death Valley and toasted us 38-9. Then the next year we went to Raleigh in a Thursday night and scored with a minute to go and went for 2 to tie and they stopped us and we lost 17-15. But I always like PR and when he Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger came out together I always thought PR would turn out the best of the 3. He didn’t turn out the best but I still think he was a better overall talent than Eli. He just wasn’t clutch like Eli was but I think most would agree BR turned out the best of the 3. Id rank them BR PR EM but who knew that you couldn’t have gone wrong with any of the 3. It’s rare that all 3 QBs that come out in the same draft and all drafted in the 1st round all turn out to be HOFs but I believe that’ll be the case with this group. EM is a definite and so is BR. I don’t know if PR will get in on the first go but he’ll make it I’m pretty sure. His numbers are HOF worthy.

Back
Top Bottom