Philly tradin' up from 28th to 16th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philly tradin' up from 28th to 16th

they need a WR, so that is my guess

They just signed Terrell Owens, they can get receivers later on and they just lost their best linebacker.

I don't know then. they better not take Vilma:mad:

They lose their starting RG in Bobbie Williams and are now willing to trade their starting LG to move up in the draft??? They must want someone pretty bad!

If he can play RG and they are willing to go to only 20................Maybe?

Vilma could very well be who they're thinking of taking, also might be Deangelo Hall, maybe Steven Jackson, the loss of Duce Staley could put them in that position.

Hmm. Maybe its Vilma...but to be honest with Jim Johnson's package blitz defense I would think they would covet the athleticism and passrushing ability of DJ Williams.

Re: Re: Philly tradin' up from 28th to 16th

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

There goes Andrews

say bye to Andrews, hello Vilma

eeekkk - I'd dread to think that Williams would go that high. Johnson's defensive scheme calls for too much read and react, not DJ's strongpoint.

Jackson is a no-no with Westbrook and Buckhalter.

Hall is a possible, but that would be giving up on Lito Shepperd and Sheldon Brown after 2 years and thats too soon as they were 1st and 2nd rounders.

With Emmons gone and Simoneau moving out, Vilma is ideal for them as he's so attack minded and such a tackle machine.

I was curious if #20 would suit them. If there willing to give up an OLine starter... might be something we'd be interested in.

Besides, why would they give up possibly two picks and a starter to draft a player (Vilma) that some boards have falling LATE (past 28) in the 1st? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

They've targeted 16th for a reason. Some team in 17 - 20 bothers them. And, they wouldn't give up all of that to draft ANOTHER OLineman.

I have a feeling they're wanting a better position to choose a WR they want.

I'm thinking WR as well...But they need DBs as well. DJ Williams can convert to safety.

I don't think Andrews because it seems like addition through subtraction on their Oline.

But my money would be on a WR.

I have no reason to believe that Philly would trade up to get Shawn Andrews. It might be for Mike Williams.

Wouldn't it be hilarious, though, if Philly took the guy at 16 that Denver wanted and traded to 17 to get??!!

Back
Top Bottom