Philly tradin' up from 28th to 16th | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philly tradin' up from 28th to 16th

Trade haters aside.... makes you wonder what we could get for Wale and #20.... eh?

Re: Re: Re: Philly tradin' up from 28th to 16th

Originally posted by nick19991

say bye to Andrews, hello Vilma

I think if Andrews and Rivers are gone we'll trade back and pick up a pick or Draft a WR at 20.

What about this for the PHINZ:

Jacquars need a DE. It's gonna be a #1 or #2 pick for them.

What about trading Wale and #20, #87 -> JAC for #9 and #39?

We could pick up Roy Williams/Mike Williams then come back for OL with #39.

Not a bad idea, but I doubt Jville will pull the trigger on it. Besides Wann Spiel have said that they do not plan on trading Ogun...Which I agree with, we need to keep him.

But just for arguments sake...say we do drop down to #9. Who do we take there???

Andrews??? Gallery will be gone and that might be too high to take Andrews ( I personally think that if you got a shot at a guy you wnt you take it no matter the position). Taylor will more than likely be gone as well.

Now we could drop back 3 or 4 spots from there and pick up a 2nd in the process, that would be sweet then take Andrews (Or whomever we have targeted at 12-13.

yeah, what about ROth being there? With those later picks we can snag O-line low, like it looks like we're going to do anyway. We could pick up Taylor, MAYBE roth, or Rivers and such. Lots of good players up there to look at, and we could still tweak and get Grove or Snee late.

I think one thing to consider with this scenario is the position we would be in.

Sitting at #9, we would have more control of our draft destiny. We'd be too high to pick Andrews, BUT we'd be in control of drafting him....
not some team #10 - #19.

Besides, I kinda feel there are so many similar OLine prospects after Gallery, they'll be plenty around near the beginning of Round 2.
So, with a #9, you'd have to pull the cord on a premier player, BPA.

I think we are gonna see a few more trades before draft day. I think some teams are getting weary of their position and everyone will start clawing for spots 5 - 15.

In a seller's market, you could trade out and come away with quite a bounty. So, even if we did jump to #9, we might be wise to leverage it into a few spots lower with an added 2nd.

I.E. (in the above mentioned scenario)...
1) Wale, #20, #87 -> JAC
2) #9, #39 -> MIA

then slide down to 14 - 19 and add another 2nd.

New draft pick total: 1,2,2 in exchange for Wale, 1,3

Ive talked with one of the philly players, (this was before they were trying to move up) and he said him and a few others were really pushing for greg jones at the time...

I think they might take Andrews or one of the Williams guys. They wanna give their QB some help. If Andrews is gone before our pick is not the end of the world. We might take a DT or we could take Evans and go o-line in round 3(Snee,Locklear?) and I keep on thinking about Evans,CC,Boston,Randy and Ricky all together.

Ozzy rules!!

eeekkk - I'd dread to think that Williams would go that high. Johnson's defensive scheme calls for too much read and react, not DJ's strongpoint.

Well, I know you're not a fan, but Scouts Inc recently moved DJ Williams up past Vilma on their draft boards for whatever thats worth. I just assumed Williams blend of athleticism and power would be perfect for their all-out blitzes. I've never thought of Jeremiah Trotter or Shawn Barber as especially strong read-guys.

They dont need a Receiver cmon they just got terell owens which he will make there other receivers alot better... They will get vilma cuz they need a good lb....

Relax, we are not targeting O-Line.

This rumor came on the SAME day that we locked up Artis Hicks long-term. (The Artis Hicks who played LT on the Monday Night game).

We are targeting Deangelo Hall. Possibly WR (one of the Williams) or RB (Jackson or Jones), but NOT O-line !!!

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
That trade would make sense if you are trying to get jackson
It's definately for a skill position (CB, WR, RB).

Not one of these overrated LBs :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom