Philosophical Changes I'd Love to See | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philosophical Changes I'd Love to See

Ray, I was pretty much right along with you until you said that. That is incorrect. Gase got into an argument with Ross when he suggested that Gase give up roster control to the GM, and Gase had the nerve to curse out Ross, even though Gase's roster decisions were mostly ****. He got canned that day. Any PR niceties were purely for the media's benefit. The roster purge after that was necessary to get rid of all the dead money and bad contracts on the cap from the Gase years. They ripped the bandage off instead of kicking the can down the road even more.

Gase was a disaster. I was happy as hell when the Jets hired him, cause that drove them farther into the dirt.

I had not heard about that.

I never heard that Gase ever had any control over the GM on anything. I'd be very surprised to learn that he did have any such control, or it would have been all over the forum.

What I did hear from both Gase and Ross, was that they disagreed on tanking. Gase was opposed and Ross wanted to do it. Guess who got their way with that? - LOL

Yep...
We could manage two things. Intermediate passes, and wide runs. Deep passes were hit and miss.
We need a sideline threat. We need a back that can run through the IOL and catch passes-- even if we only calls these plays intermittently.
Teams are flooding the middle and teeing off on our small WRs.

It isn't that we're soft... it's that we are one dimensional.

Yep...
We could manage two things. Intermediate passes, and wide runs. Deep passes were hit and miss.
We need a sideline threat. We need a back that can run through the IOL and catch passes-- even if we only calls these plays intermittently.
Teams are flooding the middle and teeing off on our small WRs.

It isn't that we're soft... it's that we are one dimensional.
You're not wrong!

Not philosophical but a change I would love to see would be to move us to the NFC South please, perhaps in a swap with Carolina. The AFC is too damn stacked, like all the best young QBs have gone to the conference in the last 6 or 7 years. All NFC South teams play in domes or warm weather, perfect for our offence. Also look at the playoffs, NFC: Detroit dome, Cowboys dome, SF pleasant climate, TB Florida :) AFC: KC, freezing, Buffalo Freezing, Houston dome, Baltimore Freezing. We are clearly built for the NFC not the AFC :)

Not philosophical but a change I would love to see would be to move us to the NFC South please, perhaps in a swap with Carolina. The AFC is too damn stacked, like all the best young QBs have gone to the conference in the last 6 or 7 years. All NFC South teams play in domes or warm weather, perfect for our offence. Also look at the playoffs, NFC: Detroit dome, Cowboys dome, SF pleasant climate, TB Florida :) AFC: KC, freezing, Buffalo Freezing, Houston dome, Baltimore Freezing. We are clearly built for the NFC not the AFC :)
Just get home field and its never an issue.

Ps we will never leave the east, too much history with the Jets, pats and bills.

I never heard that Gase ever had any control over the GM on anything. I'd be very surprised to learn that he did have any such control, or it would have been all over the forum.

So much I could say to this Ray. When did you get here again? 2018? Oh yeah. You love Gase. NO ONE HERE SHOULD EVER LISTEN TO YOUR ATTEMPT TO SHADE us who've been here through the suck for more than two decades. I wonder when/who will be your next favorite team...
Come on brother, Ray has been a fan for longer than many posters here have been alive. And I’ve been a fan since 1972. There are valid points made by both “sides” of FH. You contribute to the good, even when I disagree. Ray and others (including myself) love real debate of contrasting viewpoints. We just don’t like those who whine without anything else.

Finally, you might want tone-consider using the term “shade” when dealing with more adult generations. We consider that term a positive on a hot day. 🤣

Here's my take:

1) This one is 100% on the coach. He wanted a team of speedsters, and speedsters are almost always undersized. We all saw how deadly effective this is... when they are healthy.
Sadly... undersized usually means 'beat up', and beat-up means quickness is lost. Speed and quickness are great, but you can't go all in. We NEED a big X receiver (maybe 2). We NEED a tall sideline threat so defenses don't flood the middle of the field and erase our smurf receivers.
And most importantly, we need to incorporate those sideline plays into our regular set of plays.

2) We NEED a RB who excels in pass protection... he doesn't have to be 240 lbs, just a guy who can routinely pick up the blitz... or drift downfield for an outlet pass if no blitz presents itself. Achane and Mostert can run screens and swing passes, but neither excels at chip and drift.

3) This one is on Grier... Never, and I mean NEVER renegotiate a contract when a player cries. Howard should have immediately been dealt when he cried like a little bitch. Don't reward little girls who sulk or cry while they blackmail you.
This is 10000000% accurate.

Come on brother, Ray has been a fan for longer than many posters here have been alive. And I’ve been a fan since 1972. There are valid points made by both “sides” of FH. You contribute to the good, even when I disagree. Ray and others (including myself) love real debate of contrasting viewpoints. We just don’t like those who whine without anything else.

Finally, you might want tone-consider using the term “shade” when dealing with more adult generations. We consider that term a positive on a hot day. 🤣
Haha, yeah I realize shade is a younger thing. And I do respect @Ray R . What I don't like is his attempts of calling people "lemmings" because they're pissed pur team keeps losing. And no, he's only been a dolphan since 2016 as he says. So no, he hasn't been here since before some were born. Now you on the other hand, I could say nothing to you because you've been a fan since 1972. Well, I've been a fan since 85 but started paying attention at around 91. People like us have every right to be pissed off at the **** this franchise has delivered. It's been too damn long.

With that being said, I realize that this is just a game and at the end of the day it's just entertainment. It's taking me a long time to understand this. But I'm finally there. So I get the being annoyed at the actual whining.

But given that this dude has been a fan of 5 other teams, I can't consider him a real fan. He has no roots here. He's just a fly by fan, and I suppose there nothing wrong with that but he doesn't deserve the right to be calling people his dumb word "lemmings" because he's new. And he probably won't even last that long here.

Anyway I'm done with my rant now! Lol

Haha, yeah I realize shade is a younger thing. And I do respect @Ray R . What I don't like is his attempts of calling people "lemmings" because they're pissed pur team keeps losing. And no, he's only been a dolphan since 2016 as he says. So no, he hasn't been here since before some were born. Now you on the other hand, I could say nothing to you because you've been a fan since 1972. Well, I've been a fan since 85 but started paying attention at around 91. People like us have every right to be pissed off at the **** this franchise has delivered. It's been too damn long.

With that being said, I realize that this is just a game and at the end of the day it's just entertainment. It's taking me a long time to understand this. But I'm finally there. So I get the being annoyed at the actual whining.

But given that this dude has been a fan of 5 other teams, I can't consider him a real fan. He has no roots here. He's just a fly by fan, and I suppose there nothing wrong with that but he doesn't deserve the right to be calling people his dumb word "lemmings" because he's new. And he probably won't even last that long here.

Anyway I'm done with my rant now! Lol
I understand. serious question. Which FAs would you re-sign if we could only bring back 2?

Mcdaniel has talent as a designer and play caller, you don’t lead the league in offense passing and running without it

Here’s the thing I’ve been thinking about

Spontaneous thinking and calculation is different then pre mediated strategy

We could have a situation here where McDaniel would be awesome in a role of being in a play callers ear and helping to design the game plan all week.

Just think that play caller is a different t skill set than architect

McD is great at the conceptual & strategy. Tactics and execution? Not so much.

I understand. serious question. Which FAs would you re-sign if we could only bring back 2?
Mmmm. I would bring back Wilkins and Williams. Unless I'm eyeing someone in the draft at center. In that case it would be Hunt. Those would be my two Dolphin FA retainers. Now, I am using every other asset on o line and MLBs. I don't give a **** about anything else right now. Even if I pick an MLB in round two or one, I'm still picking one in round 6 and 7. And or o line. Those are our two absolute biggest needs. I'm also bringing in nothing but o line and linebackers.

Mmmm. I would bring back Wilkins and Williams. Unless I'm eyeing someone in the draft at center. In that case it would be Hunt. Those would be my two Dolphin FA retainers. Now, I am using every other asset on o line and MLBs. I don't give a **** about anything else right now. Even if I pick an MLB in round two or one, I'm still picking one in round 6 and 7. And or o line. Those are our two absolute biggest needs. I'm also bringing in nothing but o line and linebackers.
We do need an enforcer at MLB. A violent tackler who hits with bad intentions. We haven’t had one since Z. Thomas.

Take play calling duties away from the guy who had the #1 ranked offense in the league? Hill, Mostert, Waddle, Achane and the entire offensive line was injured the last month of the season and barely could practice. But yeat, the problem is the coach and let’s trade our or bowl qb
McDaniel is good at designing the plays but he needs an OC that knows when to use those plays.

We do need an enforcer at MLB. A violent tackler who hits with bad intentions. We haven’t had one since Z. Thomas.
Agree. Plus one in the secondary, please.

Miami's lack of physicality shows up at wide receiver, in the secondary, and at linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom