Philter's Preliminary Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philter's Preliminary Mock

arsenal said:
bullocks will be gone before the 4th... lawson will be gone before the 3rd and maybe even before our 2nd, and with how gabe did senior bowl week i wouldn't be surprised to see him gone by our pick in the 2nd...

but if our fins mock somehow ended up like that id be one happy mother****er...

Bullocks I have pegged as a 3rd/4th rounder but his stock could easily rise.

As for Watson in the 2nd, Oren Harris, Claude Wroten, and Rod Wright are still on board so I think its realistic to think we have a shot at Watson in the 2nd. I think Green Bay takes a DT in the 2nd round and Im not sure who else would. I think we have a chance at Watson.

Manny Lawson im not entirely sure where he would go. I didnt consider him my first option in the 2nd or 3rd round but I put him there because I think we will consider him if he is there..... same with Carpenter. I think they are guys we look at in the 2nd and have a chance of falling. I would take Lawson in the 3rd, but I agree with you, I dont think he slips that far hence why I picked Colledge as my 1st option. I listed him as option #2 in the 3rd incase he slips down.

it also doesn't mean bush and davis can't coexist in the same backfield. in fact, i think it'd be dumb to get rid of davis if they do end up taking bush.

dominizzo said:
Philter i like it but Jay will go to Detroit oakland Jets ravens

How in the world do you know that for sure. I can tell you right now that Baltimore and the Jets aren't likely. One because Baltimore is enduring one more year of Boller trying to improve in Billick's last chance. The Jets like him but they won't pass up on D'Brick. If they do trade down it's most likely for Williams from Memphis. Detroit is possible however let's see what their HC says regarding Joey Harrington. As for Oakland that's possible but do they pass on a defensive player and ignore Andrew Walter?

the only problem i see with your first round mock is Mario Williams going to SF. i believe they run a 3-4 D, in which i dont see williams being a good fit in that D.

Nappy Roots said:
the only problem i see with your first round mock is Mario Williams going to SF. i believe they run a 3-4 D, in which i dont see williams being a good fit in that D.

San Fran's starting DE's are Marques Douglas, who is 6'2 - 280 lbs and Bryant Young who is 6'3 -290.

Just for reference, Mario Williams is 6'7 -290 lbs with a 4.74 40 time and is a freak of nature. He is one of the pure DE's in the draft that I think can successfully play DE in a 3-4 given his size and speed and ability to take on and get through double teams.

Trust me, thats not a problem.

Philter25 said:
San Fran's starting DE's are Marques Douglas, who is 6'2 - 280 lbs and Bryant Young who is 6'3 -290.

Just for reference, Mario Williams is 6'7 -290 lbs with a 4.74 40 time and is a freak of nature. He is one of the pure DE's in the draft that I think can successfully play DE in a 3-4 given his size and speed and ability to take on and get through double teams.

Trust me, thats not a problem.

well IMO he cant and it would be a total wasit of his outside speed. he may weight more, but hes more thin and has less leverage than them. I dont see him being able to take on double teams from 2 sides, specially on run plays. hes a prototypical 4-3 DE, i dont see him playing anything else in the league.

Jaj said:
How in the world do you know that for sure. I can tell you right now that Baltimore and the Jets aren't likely. One because Baltimore is enduring one more year of Boller trying to improve in Billick's last chance. The Jets like him but they won't pass up on D'Brick. If they do trade down it's most likely for Williams from Memphis. Detroit is possible however let's see what their HC says regarding Joey Harrington. As for Oakland that's possible but do they pass on a defensive player and ignore Andrew Walter?
and how would u know he would go 16 to Miami:shakeno:

Don't forget about the Cards here, at pick #10, if somehow Cutler slips past the Lions and Zona doesn't get a QB via trade (for example Culpepper) you better believe Green would take a hard look at Cutler...combined with Fitzgerald & Boldin...still need a run game however...Baltimore still has to worry about their ground game as well...what to do with Lewis, start Chester Taylor, or go after a rook...

Philter25 said:
10. Arizona Cardinals - LenDale White / DeAngelo Williams - RB. I cant decide which guy goes here. DeAngelo looked great this past weekend but I think LenDale White will end up being the best RB in this draft..... AHEAD of Bush. White has great size and speed and power and I think he can take the abuse a NFL RB would take. His qualities translate best to the NFL.

100% agree. I have been saying all along LenDale is the better RUNNING BACK than Reggie. Yeah, Reggie was absolutely amazing to watch (except in the Rose Bowl when my boys shut him down) but it's still college, and they didn't face many great defenses, and when they did, Reggie struggled (see, Texas) Don't get me wrong, he's a talented, gifted player but that dancing around stuff isn't gonna cut it in the NFL, ask Ronnie Brown how it worked for him early on. Reggie doesn't strike me as having the power to plow through NFL defensive lines either. He is going to be an outside back. LenDale had the power to get through those lines, plus speed and agility to make people miss, that is why he will be, and was at USC, the better pure RB. Again, not saying Reggie is bad, or even that he will be bad in the NFL, I'm just saying he won't be having AS many plays in the NFL like he did in college. His game will have to change and adapt, LenDale's is already suited for the pros.

Jaj said:
I think that's exactly what might just happen. As for Cutler Baltimore won't be taking a QB. It's the Lions, Raiders, and Cardinals that mostly worry me.

The Jets will trade down and take Cutler.

Philter25 said:
Im not sure how much he will fall after his Senior Bowl. If definately didnt help his stock. If he does fall, which I suggested he MIGHT when I paired him up with Jackson, that would drop him down to Pittsburgh as the last pick in the draft or else an early 2nd rounder.

Mel has Hagan as a 3rd round pick and I agree. Hagan isn't fast and he doesn't have good hands. Not what most teams are looking for in a WR.

Back
Top Bottom