Phin Fans - it's your lucky day! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phin Fans - it's your lucky day!

Pierpont_Weaver

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since the Packers have a bye this weekend you'll have the immense fortune of having us Packer fans around two weeks instead of just one!

Anyhoo... looking forward to the game in Lambeau. I'm curious as to how your QB situation sits. Has Lucas got any significant playing time for you to judge him by? Also, Williasms is a concern since teams have had success running against us.

Here's hoping for Brett's return.

clear.gif

I;m starting to like these Packer Fans. They don't talk as much $hit as most of the other team's fans on this board.

Honestly I have more respect for Packers' fan than any other team's fans. These guys eat, sleep, and breath football(what else would you do in wisconsin?) I have yet to meet a Packers' fan that isn't extremely versed in grid iron expertease. I have also never hear a Packers' fan that shoots off at the mouth like some other fans I know(to keep them anonimous we will just call them BB fans.) It should be a true battle Monday, and I must say I am looking forward to seeing #4 since we rarely see him down here in S. Florida.

Originally posted by chambers84
I;m starting to like these Packer Fans. They don't talk as much $hit as most of the other team's fans on this board.

Cheeseheds are fantastic...my ex-in laws are cheeseheads...nicest people you can meet, best bratwurst too...LOL.

Come to think they still send me bratwurst which I use for my tailgating.

I am curently working on a 6 pound Klement's Bratwurst box I got in time for the season.

:D

Originally posted by Pierpont_Weaver
Since the Packers have a bye this weekend you'll have the immense fortune of having us Packer fans around two weeks instead of just one!

Anyhoo... looking forward to the game in Lambeau. I'm curious as to how your QB situation sits. Has Lucas got any significant playing time for you to judge him by? Also, Williasms is a concern since teams have had success running against us.

Here's hoping for Brett's return.

clear.gif

Last week was Lucas' first start for us. He was used sparingly last year (rest in poeace in GA Gailey) and he started a couple pre-season games. So, really nothing an opponent can evaluate.

I saw Lucas for two years in camp and pre-season.

Williams is running hard. Eventhough he had more success at times on the outside and has tremendous speed he is run between the tackles most of the time ...well he is by nature a "in between the tackles" runner.

Norv will run Willimas...no matter what. To get Ricky out of the equation you have to get a lead by 10 points or 14 points in the second half.

Based on Lucas' performance against the Bills if he struggles early Norv will take the ballout of Lucas' hand for a while and will run Ricky and Edwards like hell...I suspect even lining them both up a lot.
If Lucas calms down and stays within the game plan you will see a few passes downfield to CC I and CC II.

But be prepared for a ball controll offense with a lot of running, screens,slants, dump offs, short and medium passing.

On defense expect a lot of rushing Bret. Especially if his knee is not completly healed and he is restricted in his mobility.

Bret has to get his passes of quickly. We learned a little fromKC and we rush a little more...especially the so called "pocket passers".

You will face the best trio in the secondary as you can (as a combo): Surtain, Madison, Marion.

Here is a nother tip for your offense: the only team who could score against us at will in the redzone was KC. But all other teams who did not have a tight end named Gonzales failed.

I do not know the stats but we are pretty awsome in the redzone.

Screens are eating the Packers up, so it isn't good news to hear your team runs a lot of them.

I think the Packers will do ok against an inside runner. Big Gil is doing a good job this year clogging the middle (BTW, the story fo him showing up at a trainers house during the offseason two years ago, to get himself back in shape to rejoin the Pack, makes us love the big lug more than we did already).

Yea, you guys got good corners and Brett's mobility will be a concern. I'm thinking you folks will see a healthy does of Ahmann Green and hopefully our TEs underneath to loosen things up deep. How well does your team play the run?

Originally posted by chambers84
i do know some jerks, but its not because they're packer fans.
the packer fans that i know don't have to talk ****, they know they have one of the best histories of any team around.
although, i was watching the nfl today, sunday and mr favre is not too well liked by his team. some asked if they had to talk about it on tv!:rolleyes:

Screens were brutal to us the first month. The last three games, less so. Before the Dolphins can burn us with screens, I think they are going to have to establish, at a minimum, at least the threat of a deep pass. Judging by what many Fin Phans are sayin' here, that threat may not evolve.

I am curious about Miami's run D, too, Pierpont. They seem enigmatic. They gave up the house to Edgerrin James and Travis Henry, but held Priest Holmes to 52 yards.

What gives, Fin Phans?

Originally posted by dolfan06
although, i was watching the nfl today, sunday and mr favre is not too well liked by his team. some asked if they had to talk about it on tv!:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, they were all secretly happy when Doug Pederson came in.
clear.gif

Dude... there's not a player on the roster that wouldn't kill for #4 were it necessary.

Originally posted by T for Texas

Oh yeah, they were all secretly happy when Doug Pederson came in.
clear.gif

Dude... there's not a player on the roster that wouldn't kill for #4 were it necessary.
oh really, well i've got news for ya bud. one of his guards said he could and would do a whole lot better if the backup were in!;)

Yeah Dejesus we know nothing about football! You have been to the zone and BBI and there is no way you can tell me we don't know our football! Its just the fact that we are rivals and it just annoys you to have rival fans on your site. Jaydog, WCF, and phin54 all frequent our boards and know their stuff, and by the way.

LETS GO PACKERS!!!

Originally posted by T for Texas
Screens were brutal to us the first month. The last three games, less so. Before the Dolphins can burn us with screens, I think they are going to have to establish, at a minimum, at least the threat of a deep pass. Judging by what many Fin Phans are sayin' here, that threat may not evolve.

I am curious about Miami's run D, too, Pierpont. They seem enigmatic. They gave up the house to Edgerrin James and Travis Henry, but held Priest Holmes to 52 yards.

What gives, Fin Phans?

Edge got most of his yards when Miami was up by 2 tds. Miami went to more of a prevent D so Harrison and Manning didn't kill them. Henry's yards were mostly due to our D being on the feild for 3/4 of the game. 6 turnovers kills your time of possesion. I also think Miami was trying to stop Moulds, Price, and Reed from killing them. Although I am sure Farve has the utmost respect from the Miami coaching staff I expect they will put Glenn and Driver in man coverage for most of the night, and bring a safety up to stop Green.

The match up you should be concerned about is our d-line against your o-line. Taylor has been on a tear leading a group that has recorded 12 sacks in the past 3 weeks, and your pass protection has been shaky from what I uderstand.

What the deal with this Gumbala or mammalickaboobooday or what ever his name is? He was tearing it up the other night on MNF. Is he a consitent performer I really haven't heard much about him. Hopefully Dixon returning will keep him in check. Also hopefully Lucas doesn't hand you the game so this is actully a good game to watch.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Yeah Dejesus we know nothing about football! You have been to the zone and BBI and there is no way you can tell me we don't know our football! Its just the fact that we are rivals and it just annoys you to have rival fans on your site. Jaydog, WCF, and phin54 all frequent our boards and know their stuff, and by the way.

LETS GO PACKERS!!!

Yes I would say some of you are very knowledgable about the game, but collectively you are the biggest group of homers out side of this site i have ever seen. Example i remember this offseason, after Prisco wrote an article singing your praises, most of you were saying how your pair of DBs were in the top 3 in the league, and better than Miami's. When i brought the fact that this went against every stat from passing yards a game to ints, not a soul flinched in their outlandish claim, but nor did they come up with any thing to support it. The same could be said for the LB core. Well 7 weeks in to the season later and your defense is still among the worst in the league, and if it wasn't for Jay getting injured your secondary would still be looking for their first pic of the season. If nothing else I think I am honest. When people try to compare Chambers to the elite I am the first to bring them down, and the same goes when out landish comparisons are made to Jay. I am not mad that there are Bills' fans here I love the conflict that is why I go to your site, but I am mad most of them do nothing but talk trash. Not one fan has acknowledged the fact of how different the game might have been if Ray didn't hand it to you. 1 back up player made 6 turn overs, but you guys won every phase of the game. I mean all of BBI is over here like they just knocked Miami out of the playoffs, but yet Miami is in first place. If Buffalo beets a Miami team in Dec with Jay at the helm, and takes over first place I will come to BBI and take my beeting, but untill then please excuse me if I am a little anoyed with some of the moronic type posts like the one that read "it wasn't Ray's fault your defense is to blame." Thank you and good night.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
You don't know who KGB is Dajesus?? He tore it up last year too!

I have honestly only seen Green Bay 2 times in the past 2 year. I have heard little tid bits about him, but nothing to prepare me for what I saw a couple of weeks ago on primetime. He was a monster! I think it was like 5 straight plays he either got a sack or hit the QB. He reminded me alot of Taylor, but I wasn't sure if he was consistent since their isn't alot of medi hype about him.

Back
Top Bottom