Phins Big Ugly Grades From PFF | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Big Ugly Grades From PFF

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
James- overall -4.3, pass -2.4, run -2.2. Gave up 0 sacks, 1 hit, and 4 hurries.

Shelly- overall +1.2, pass +1.7, run -0.7. Gave up 0- 0- 0.

Satele- overall -2.1, pass -1.0, run -0.2. Gave up 1- 0- 1.

Pouncey- overall -4.3, pass -3.8, run -0.7. Gave up 0- 0- 4.

Thomas- overall -5.3, pass -4.4, run -.2. Gave up 2- 1- 3.

Not good grades individually but, as a unit they did enough vs a VG D to allow for a decent run game, and gave RT enough time, with Lazor's scheme this game, to come out with a win.

I was actually very surprised and pleased with the running lanes. We haven't been able to run on these guys for a few years. I'm happy to see those 4- 6 yard gains consistently.

so everyone on the o line got bad grades, but our starting rb averaged 5.7 ypc on 15 touches.....

:troll:

Yeah what a joke. Seriously who was grading this game on the runs? 5.7 ypc and not one player had a positive grade. PFF as usual is crap. They don't know what they are looking at to begin with.

I guess it's topics like these that keep this place interesting otherwise who gives a flying ****? Why even grade anyone's performance?

so everyone on the o line got bad grades, but our starting rb averaged 5.7 ypc on 15 touches.....

:troll:

Yes, they did grade the OL on Miller's 15 carries, his 33 yard run, and the other 14 where he averaged 4 yards. They also graded the OL on all of their 69 snaps, not just the one's you would like to see.

This included giving up 4 sacks, 2 hits, and 13 hurries from the OL, which is not very good. Gotta look at the big picture on overall individual grades.

definitely won this game as a result of coaching and scheme rather than exceptional individual performances.

I guess it's topics like these that keep this place interesting otherwise who gives a flying ****? Why even grade anyone's performance?

Yeah, we should just go with wins and losses. We win, everyone says good. We lose, and everyone says bad. No reason to look at how players played, as it means nothing.

definitely won this game as a result of coaching and scheme rather than exceptional individual performances.

Agree. I thought Lazor did a hell of a job in scheming things this game vs a really good D. It was far from pretty but, we won.

I think it's fairly accurate. James struggled a bit but the thing is his struggles usually don't result in sacks or negative plays.

I thought Shelley Smith was our best O-lineman against the Bills and had said in another post he had impressed me the most yesterday.

I still don't know how they grade stuff so I don't take it as the all knowing grading system but as far as judging the level of play compared to each other along the line I think it's pretty close.

I think it's fairly accurate. James struggled a bit but the thing is his struggles usually don't result in sacks or negative plays.

I thought Shelley Smith was our best O-lineman against the Bills and had said in another post he had impressed me the most yesterday.

I still don't know how they grade stuff so I don't take it as the all knowing grading system but as far as judging the level of play compared to each other along the line I think it's pretty close.

Shelly was a big surprise, especially in pass blocking. You can't take the grades based on Miller's avg, without giving him some credit for getting those yards, and not the OL.

Back
Top Bottom