Phins Could Use Landry to Move Up in Draft for Rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Could Use Landry to Move Up in Draft for Rosen

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Not going to happen. We probably would have to move all the way up to #1 to get it done, and it will just cost too much.

Has even signed the tag yet? He can’t be traded if it’s not signed.

HUGE pass on trading up for a QB. You can't use all that ammo on a QB and then sit him for however many years. It would be forcing your own hand and backing yourself into a corner.

Other teams have more cap, more picks, and a bigger need at QB so I'm fairly sure we'd be outbid even if Tbum tries his usual idiotic crap.

No to Mayfield and Jackson at 11 for me. Allen seems to make the most sense if they're dead set on drafting a QB high.

HUGE pass on trading up for a QB. You can't use all that ammo on a QB and then sit him for however many years. It would be forcing your own hand and backing yourself into a corner.

Other teams have more cap, more picks, and a bigger need at QB so I'm fairly sure we'd be outbid even if Tbum tries his usual idiotic crap.

No to Mayfield and Jackson at 11 for me. Allen seems to make the most sense if they're dead set on drafting a QB high.

So you would rather we stood still at 11, and took a QB that was fortunate to complete half of his passes, rather than trade up a few spots for a QB with real potential?

Crazy talk....if you're going to add Landry to draft trade compensation...why not trade BACK...acquire an extra pick...

You still get a QB...you get an extra pick (gonna have to replace Landry)...so #11 is equal to a swap and an extra pick...add Landry and you get another pick...so you end up with a lower #1...and 2-3 extra picks as a result

Tannehill is our starter so we don't need to mortgage the future by moving up on speculation and hope...and lose draft picks along the way...and lose a quality receiver...for what?...a QB battle and your go to receiver gone??...and fewer draft picks to help fill the talent need we have???

..."oh but we will have a highly regarded QB with sooooo much potential"...yeah...maybe...and he will be beaten to a pulp and injured before we can build around him....

seems silly IMO

So you would rather we stood still at 11, and took a QB that was fortunate to complete half of his passes, rather than trade up a few spots for a QB with real potential?

I don't prescribe to the theory that Allen doesn't have potential based on his completion %. Quite a bit more to it than that.

I see a lot of similarities between Goff and Rosen ... including taking some lumps before he gets to where he needs to be.

A king's ransom for Rosen or staying pat and grabbing Allen at 11 ... I take Allen 10 times out of 10.

I would trade Landry to get Saquan Barkley. I by no means think we need to draft a RB before the 5th round and I'm certainly very pleased to have Kenyan Drake as my starting tailback.

Ezekiel Elliot and Leonard Fournette have had a major impact on their teams in a short period of time. This Ohio State fan would take Barkley over Elliot and Fournette (who I believe is a machine), without hesitation.

Do I think it will happen? Absolutely not. But....

When Lamar Miller or Jay Ajayi had a good game, you weren't going to beat Ryan Tannehill.

In a heart beat I would draft that kid. Couldn't run the card in fast enough. The one thing I am not doing is giving up my 2nd round pick to move up. Not with Drake already here.

This is the only realistic scenario where I'd be ok with moving on from Landry. If it means acquiring a potential franchise QB. And I'd only be ok with Rosen, Mayfield, or Darnold in such a scenario. I actually like Jackson as high as 11.

Wouldn't touch Josh Allen anywhere in the first round. In fact, I'm higher on Rudolph than Allen.

Back
Top Bottom