Phins Could Use Landry to Move Up in Draft for Rosen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Could Use Landry to Move Up in Draft for Rosen

So you would rather we stood still at 11, and took a QB that was fortunate to complete half of his passes, rather than trade up a few spots for a QB with real potential?

How about we hold at 11, draft Roquan, trade Landry and pick up an additional pick to address another hole in the 2nd round, possibly a QB that has fallen? All day.

T Bum be stupid enough to do that. As long it's a splash. He's happy. But as a fan moving up to get a QB and sitting the bench is retarded

How about we hold at 11, draft Roquan, trade Landry and pick up an additional pick to address another hole in the 2nd round, possibly a QB that has fallen? All day.

That would be ideal. I’d actually wait until 4 or 5 to draft QB, as I have confidence in Tannehill.

My previous comment was solely in reference to, IF a QB is taken in the first, is it Allen or Rosen

Rosen needs to bulk up some more. With his frame, he’s going to get snapped in half in the NFL.

I don't get why ppl like rosen. he isn't a leader. the best comparison is jay cutler. all the talent in the world but crappy leadership skills. hell I would just rather trade down and then grab Jackson. Mayfield is the only that would make me think there is a chance of drafting a qb at 11, but I just don't think he will fall to 11. I think we are in a good situation to get an impact player at 11, as long as the FO doesn't screw up. with that said I am not holding my breath

Not going to happen. We probably would have to move all the way up to #1 to get it done, and it will just cost too much.
yes we would have to add another pick. Imagine Landry potentially could help Miami finally solve its qb problems

Miami is taking a page from the Eagles in 2016 . If Eagles don't trade their two bozos to Miami and exchange picks in round one, they don't get Wentz. Miami essentially could have to make 1-2 moves to get in the right spot. Landry (which I don't want happening) could get us to around the Bears selection. And then an offer of a pick in 2018 and 2019 gets us into top 4. That kind of swap of 2018 and 2019 picks has Clev written all over it

If we were going to trade up wouldn't it be for Chubb, Barkley, or Edmunds?

Landry is worth what? a 3rd? That wont get you much in the top 10

We got a low third comp pick for OV, I highly doubt Landry is worth substantially more

Last edited:
This could be a smoke screen but...If the Fins are actuallu offering it, then some team may say yes. To me, that means the Fins are indeed gfoing to get a qb, and are indeed going away from Tannehill. Yes Ryan will start all of 2018, but after that he is as good as traded or cut.
Imagine Miami trading Ryan, Landry and the no. 11 for Cleveland's 4?

Makes sense.

They KNOW they are probably not going to win a superbowl this season.

HUGE pass on trading up for a QB. You can't use all that ammo on a QB and then sit him for however many years. It would be forcing your own hand and backing yourself into a corner.

Other teams have more cap, more picks, and a bigger need at QB so I'm fairly sure we'd be outbid even if Tbum tries his usual idiotic crap.

No to Mayfield and Jackson at 11 for me. Allen seems to make the most sense if they're dead set on drafting a QB high.

I don't understand the love for Josh Allen and his piss poor accuracy.... In the MWC ffs. I wouldn't touch him before round 2, and even then the board would have to be completely empty at other positions. He's the biggest boom or bust in this draft.

Rosen makes some sense at 11, but Miami can't really afford to trade up for a QB. Unless you think Rosen is in the range of guys like Luck and Watson (which would be poor analysis imo), you can't project him to raise the team's overall play with less (would require picks in addition to Landry).

If Miami can find significant compensation for Tannehill, that could change things a little. Outside of that, Miami should sit tight at 11 and look for value at QB or on D.

Good point, J-Off. For me, it comes down to exactly that. The team's evaluation of the quarterbacks. I can talk all day about how much I like Mayfield, but I'm not a scout. If the front office thinks one of the top four are an upgrade over Tannehill I have no problem with trading up. Quarterback is such a vital position for a teams' success.

That said, I also wouldn't mind seeing the team build up around Tannehill and get one of the second-tier guys like Rudolph or Falk. They could also stand pat and maybe get Lamar Jackson, but that seems highly risky to me.

Personally, I'd hold onto Landry but that doesn't seem too likely.

I don't understand the love for Josh Allen and his piss poor accuracy.... In the MWC ffs. I wouldn't touch him before round 2, and even then the board would have to be completely empty at other positions. He's the biggest boom or bust in this draft.

He was better last season before his more talented weapons left. That's a better reflection of his completion % than his accuracy - which is fine - if you ask me.

I think Jackson (if you want to talk about accuracy ...) then Mayfield are the biggest boom or busts but I will admit QB is not my thing. I prefer defense.

If I had to rank:

1. Darnold
2. Allen
3. Rosen
4. Mayfield
5. Rudolph
6. Jackson

I think the top 4 will be gone before we pick and the next 2 would be significant reaches at 11, making all this null and void, granted there are no moves made. That's how I see it playing out ... but I do like Allen and would take him at 11 if he's still there.

Back
Top Bottom